I'm a sunflower

I like to refer to people as flowers. I think about myself as a sunflower, for instance. There are so many different sorts of flowers and still they fall under the same category. Just like the humankind, every flower is different. Some flowers have more petals then others and some may be green and some are purple.

Sometimes when I talk to someone, I think by myself:' she's a rose girl.' Or 'well, he is definitely a daffodil.'

rose girls are the opposite of sunflowers, in my opinion. A rose is the most popular flower and so are these girls, or boys of course. They represent what society finds beautiful. And that is not a bad thing. They just follow along and socialize with other flowers and they get accepted by everyone.

A sunflower is completely different. We aren't the most beautiful flowers in the world. And therefor, a lot of people don't really pay attention to us. But that's okay, because we don't really care, I guess. We just turn to the sun and we try to do the opposite of what the whole society does. We want to be different and we are looking for people who respect that and love us for who we truly are. Those people are hard to find, and we notice that. I got rejected many times, and I'm still trying to find someone. But we, sunflowers, don't give up hope. We keep going and keep growing and keep looking. 'We are sunflowers, a little funny.' quoting my favourite song:" ' Sunflower'- Sierra Burgess is a loser." We do our own thing, and sometimes people think we're a bit weird. But I like that. We are sunflowers, that is what makes us beautiful.

And in the end, I really hope that someday, someone will knock at my door, tell me he/she loves me, and gives me a sunflower, instead of a rose.

If that happens, I know that he/she really knows me, and will accept me for who I am.