[Haikyuu] Hinata Shouyou x Reader

It was lunch break and you are at the cafeteria, eating lunch, and chatting with your friends. Taking a sip of your (Favorite Drink), you felt a nudge on your arm, facing (Bestfriend's Name), who then mouthed a "Look over there" that you followed, seeing the first years of Karasuno's Volleyball team entering the area.

"Aren't you going to say Hello to your Kohai?" (Best friends Name) teased that you tried your best not to blush, gaining the ears of your other Best friend which she also decided to join in the conversation.

"Ne ne, (Nickname)." (Other Best Friend's Name) stands from her seat and sits beside you, smirking. "Is there really nothing going on between the both of you?" She places her left arm around your shoulder and pokes your right cheek. "Because I think you two are a cute couple!"

And it was from there, you couldn't help but feel embarrassed. You were about to protest, saying there's nothing going on between you two. "(Last Name)-senpai!" Until a familiar voice decided to interrupt your explanation which startled you greatly.

You turn to see Hinata waving vigorously towards you, who's with Kageyama, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi who is also looking at your direction. "H-Hinata." You timidly wave back at him and you could hear your friends snickering behind you whereas you could see Tsukishima and Yamaguchi doing the same, on the other hand Kageyama couldn't comprehend what was going on.

The orange-haired boy then approached you while the rest proceed to fall in line. "(Last Name)-senpai, are you gonna watch us practice again?" Hinata questions with a hopeful look that you nervously glance at your friends in a panic, wanting to ask for help due to having plans to go out for karaoke after classes, and also your mind was becoming a total mess.

Mustering up to speak. "Ano, I'm sorry, Hinata. But I---" Although you weren't able to finish your sentence in hearing your friends speaking in your stead.

"Of course, she will!" You hear (Best Friend's Name) interjects to which (Other Best Friend's Name) nods eagerly. "(Nickname) here doesn't have any plans anymore so she'll be happy to watch you practice." You were bewildered and all you could do was look towards Hinata who has an excited expression.

"Really?!" Hinata smiles broadly causing your cheeks to turn red, with your heart skipping a few beats at the sight. Mou, his smile is so cute I could faint!

"Oi! Hinata, you dumbass!" You snap out of your thoughts upon hearing Kageyama's voice, "We're leaving you behind." He says to see they already got the food they wanted aside from Hinata.

"EH! Already?!" Hinata yells to which you stifle a laugh.

"Hinata-kun," You call out gaining the short boy's attention. "You should go, I bet your hungry."

"Also, I will go to the gymnasium after my task as class representative is done." You smile, finally agreeing, and set aside your plans. You could see Hinata's eyes shining brightly as he eagerly nods his head before happily going towards the counter.

You turn to glare at your two best friends to which they turn away to avoid your gaze before letting out a sigh, the smile across your lips did not falter.

×××

Status: Unedited