Chapter 2

Blind.

That's how Louis feels.

Lights.

That's what Louis sees.

He can't see anything for a moment and he doesn't know whether it's because of the stage lights or if his nerves are playing a trick on him.

He starts to see something now.

People.

Lots of people.

He can hear them too.

People were cheering and screaming for them.

Wait, what?

The audience is gushing over them.

Harry and Louis.

On stage.

Together.

He takes a moment to glance to his right catching his boyfriend beaming. His eyes are shining so bright he could light up a fire with them and Louis thinks he might get lost in them if he stares too much.

Fortunately (or not?) his attention to his current situation is brought back by a male voice.

Shit.

It's Simon Cowell's voice.

Simon Cowell.

The most frightening among all the X-Factor judges.

"Hello guys" he greets them with his usual stern voice.

"Hi" Harry instantly replies with a small nervous smile.

"Introduce yourselves, please"

"Umm, I'm Harry Styles" the audience erupts with screams and whistles "And he's Louis Tomlinson" Harry answers for the both of them since Louis seems to have momentarily lost the ability to speak. "I'm sixteen and he's eighteen and we come from Cheshire" Harry finishes.

"And you're brothers? Or friends? Or...?" Simon asks cautiously.

"We're boyfriends" Louis replies instantly, finally being able to say something he was sure of and, most importantly, proud of.

However, at his reply the audience has mixed reactions. The majority gives them a round of applause and awwws, the judges too. Others are probably disappointed on the newfound imformation since some sounds of disagrement are heard.

Louis, not knowing what to do, stands there awkwardly waiting for one of the judges to ask them some other questions, maybe about their music or dreams or some shit.

But they don't.

"How long have you been together?" Simon asks seemingly...     intrigued (?).

"Well, we've known each other since we were babies..." Harry is cut off by the awwws of the audience.

"So basically we grew up together being best friends, but..." Harry looks at his boyfriend in need of help, so he intervenes "Our friendship was never a normal one, we were extremely close to be just friends and our families noticed too but they didn't pay much attention to it"

"And how did you get together?" Simon asks now properly interested. Who knew a scaring man like him would like to know so much about some strangers' romantic life?

"Well, when I was 14 and he was 16, he asked me out and the rest is history" Harry explained with a pink blush on his chubby cheeks.

"So cute" Cheryl Cole states enthusiastically.

"And how come you decided to audition?" Louis Walsh changes the subject (finally, it was becoming awkward...).

"That would be his fault" Louis answers pointing at his manipulative boyfriend.

"I sincerely apologize" Harry adresses him with a cheeky grin.

Louis can't do anything but grin back.

Their moment is interrupted by Simon "Let's hear what you got guys, shall we?"

Both Louis and Harry nod.

God, Louis is sooo nervous.

And he didn't even want to be here in the first place, it was all on Harry. It's his dream and he can't imagine how he feels.

Harry never really wanted to do anything but this, he had never been interested in anything else.

So Louis really hopes they will make it, for Harry.

He would do anything for him.

The music starts.

It's their song.

Louis remembers it as the soundtrack of their first kiss.

It happened on their first date.

(Which was horrible by the way)