Chapter 4

Flashback-The date

For weeks Louis had planned to take Harry on a fancy date in a fancy italian restaurant but would never tell him.

"Pleease! Tell me Louuuu!" Harry used to whine, but as much as Louis wanted to give in to Harry's pink full pouty lips (that he does not dream of kissing, nope, not at all) he really couldn't spoil the surprise for him.

So when they enter the restaurant, climbing over the people in the queue, and Louis checks behind to see if Harry hasn't got lost in crowd, he sees the younger boy beaming like a fucking Christmas tree.

Yup, those weeks of agony in which he resisted spilling everything about the date to Harry, were definitely worth it.

'Louis, don't fuck this up, it can all fall apart at any moment' a voice in his head says. But Louis pushes that voice at the back of his mind because he doesn't want to be pessimistic.

He should have listened to his subconscious.

He should have prepared to what was about to come.

Louis approaches the reservation desk behind which a man is standing, wearing a suit.

"Good evening, sir. Have you reserved a table for tonight?" the man asks with a formal smile.

"Yes" Louis breathes out not wanting to wait too long to be seated across from Harry.

His date.

"Under what name?"

"Tomlinson" Louis says not caring about the noisy crowd behind him but instead focussing on the beautiful angel behind him.

That's why he doesn't register the words of the man when he says "I'm sorry, I'm afraid you aren't on the list, sir"

And when he does, he just exclaims nervously "What?! Th-there must be a-a mistake..."

"I'm afraid not, there's no reservation under your name, sir" the man explains with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

And the first price for dumbness in life goes to...

Louis fucking Tomlinson.

This is so fucking embarassing.

How could he forget?

He did think of calling the restaurant but had never done it.

He considered it done.

As if it was an obvious thing he did.

But he didn't.

He can't possibly turn around right now and bear the look that must be on Harry's face.

Disappointment.

Sadness.

Uneasiness.

But he has to, since the man at the desk is staring at him like he's a freak and the people in line are kind of starting to get mad at his non-moving form.

So he turns around.

And he sees nothing but the angry crowd.

No one actually.

Panicked, Louis quickly pushes over people to get out of the restaurant. When he's out, he sees Harry with his back turned to him. His shoulders are shaking and his hands are covering his face.

Louis thinks he hears whimpers or maybe sobs?

Harry's definitely crying.

And it's all Louis' fault.

"Harry" Louis says in a soft voice while reaching out for him, touching his shoulder hesitantly.

" 'M sorry" Harry says in a muffled hoarse voice.

"What for? I should be sorry, I am sorry. I didn't make a reservation and made you cry" they are facing each other now. The younger boy's cheeks are wet and his eyes puffy, he seems exhausted as he wipes his cheeks with his sleeve.

"Not your fault" Harry says with a tired voice.

"Then why are you crying?" Louis asks with a soft questioning voice.

"Ummm... Too many people I-I panicked" Harry admits shyly looking at the ground.

"You mean you had a panic attack?!" Louis asks shocked.

He shouldn't be concerned, right?

Harry started having panic attacks when his parents divorced and well... also after that for... reasons.

Let's not get sad now.

Anyway, Louis always helps Harry out when he has one.

He wishes he had now.

Why does Louis feel like it's his fault?

Oh well, beacause it's Louis who brought Harry there and caused his anxiousness.

"I'm sorry" Harry says again after taking a steading breath.

"Nothing to be sorry for, love" Louis says soothingly "If you want to go home I-"

"No!" Harry exclaims with wide eyes "No need to..." he says more calmly "I-I mean... would it be bad if ummm, if we went somewhere else?" the younger boy suggests shyly.

"It'd be awesome!" Louis states very, very pleased but with an inch of nervousness in his voice.

Why nervous?

Oh right, he has to look for some other place to go to and he has no idea where to start searching.

Louis predicts a memorable date.