August 13th, 2019

Dear Dad,

I'm going to preface this by saying, it's not your fault. Not completely. When you left me, Adam, Isabelle, and Mom, it hurt. More than you can imagine. But I've learned that you had your reasons, and that it wasn't because of us. I have no doubt that Mom will have called you the second she found me, and I'm so sorry. I know how much this must hurt. Please, be there for my siblings and mom. They'll need their father, no matter the history between us all. You were and still are a huge part of all our lives. Isabelle will need you the most. She's so young and she won't understand where her big sister went, but she'll want her dad. I'm sorry I had to do this, but there was no other way. The pain wouldn't stop. And you were a minor cause. When you left, I was heartbroken and confused. You claimed to love us, so why would you leave? It was only years later that I finally found out why. It wasn't us, it was never us. But as a kid, I didn't understand. Adam barely did; he's only a few years older than me. And when Isabelle woke up in the middle of the night, crying, begging for her dad, what were we supposed to tell her? How could we explain that he chose to leave us? We couldn't. So she still doesn't know. Come back and take care of her; you were the only one who could get to stop crying, no matter the reason. I'm asking you as your daughter, honor a dying girl's wishes. It's far too late for me, but my siblings have bright futures ahead of them. Especially Isabelle. Keep her safe for me; I'll be watching.

-Alice