August 15th, 2019

Dear Gabrielle,

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I wish I could've stayed for the future we planned. To see how stunning you would've looked on our wedding day. Please don't blame yourself, darling. You were my sunshine on the darkest of days and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. I mean it when I say you were the best thing that ever happened to me and I'm truly sorry. I love you so much and I can't bear the thought of you in pain. I need you to do something for me, and I know it's going to be hard. You're not going to like it, but I need you to move on. Not immediately, not even soon, but eventually, you have to move on. Ultimately, I know I could never have given you everything you deserved and I wish I could've, because I loved you so much and still so. Even as I write this, my tears are staining the page because I hate the thought of leaving you. But this is going to be better. For everyone. And you deserve all the happiness in the world, so please, try to move on. If you ever miss me too much, open the locket I'm going to give you the day I do this. It has a picture of us from that fake wedding photoshoot we did for our one year and one of us from our first date. You will always have those memories, and try to keep your head up. Push through each day and keep smiling. I love your smile. It always brightened up my day, no matter what. But in the end, I wasn't strong enough to keep moving forward. I had to do this. Please, try to move on, and stay safe. I'll see you again someday. I'm sorry and I love you, so much.

-Alice