August 14th, 2019

Dear Isabelle,

Listen, I know you don't fully understand what happened to me or where your big sister went, but I promise you I'm happier now. Life sucks. That's a lesson I hope you'll never have to learn, but I know you will. Everyone does. But I need you to stay strong, okay? Not that I need to remind you; you're one of the strongest people I know. Be there for Mom and Adam. They love you, more than anything. And I'm sorry I couldn't be there to see all the monumental moments in your life. I know you're going to have a great one, I just wish I could've been a part of it. You know I love and care for you, and I'm sorry I had to leave so soon. But you'll see me again someday. Think of this as a long vacation. I wanted to go somewhere full of happiness and freedom, where people can fly and dance and eat candy for every meal. Where we sleep on fluffy clouds and run in fields of flowers. That's where I am when you're reading this letter. And I wish that I could see you and Mom and Adam, just like I did before, but I will see you guys again someday. This isn't goodbye. Not even close. I need you to be stronger than I was, though. Don't run away to the clouds. That's what I've done, and it's not a good idea. The clouds are only fun if you're meant to be there at the time. I am, but you're not. Live your life. Live a happy one, surrounded by people who love you, who treat you like the princess you are, and I love you. Please don't ever forget that, Isabelle. You mean the world to me and I love you. And I'm sorry. But I'll see you again someday. I promise.

-Alice