Thirty-One: Memories Back Then

Tiffani POV:

I walked out of the building, I had just had a meeting with the CEO of Def Jam. He was really sweet, but he wanted to put me on a two year process before anything actually gets done. I'm not really sure if that's gonna get me anywhere.

Ty and I were approaching his car he opened my side and I got in. After he closed the door, my phone started to ring. It was my uncle.

"Uncle Tip!! Hey, I've been meaning to call you. How you been?"

"Yeah yeah sure you were, but I been fine baby girl. Why didn't you tell me you moved back to Cali? You know how many times I could've seen you?"

Ty got in, he tried to say something, but I cut him off and pointed at my phone. He simply nodded and started the car.

"I'm sorry, you in Cali now?"

"Nahh I'm in New York. I'm putting on a show in Madison Square Garden. I should fly you out to see me."

"Don't worry about that, I'm already in New York. I'll buy a ticket and a backstage pass."

"Nahh nahh I got ya."

"Uncle, you know how I feel about people paying for me. I got it, I promise."

"Who said anything about paying for you? I sure as hell didn't. You still sing right?"

"A lil, why?"

"I need a girl to sing 'Memories Back Then'. I girl who originally did got food poisoning."

"You know I got you. Where's my favorite cousin?"

"Niq Niq was here actually, I brought on the road with me cause it seems like I never see her anymore. I wish you could see her, but she just left an hour ago because she has classes in the morning. You should see her Tiff, she's gotten so big."

"I bet. Hey, I'm throwing a lil Thanksgiving dinner at my place. You should bring the whole family. My lil brother really would like to meet you."

"Lil brother? How old is he? When did ya mom have a kid?"

"No no no... Get this, he's dad's kid. Dad was living right outside of Compton the whole time."

"Wow. I'm happy you found him. Honestly I thought he had... Ya know. Taken the long nap."

"Well, he did, a couple months ago actually. I never even get to see him."

"It's ok baby girl. You can still hold on to the memories you guys had. Hey, have you had a chance to meet up with Michael? You know he's a rapper too."

"Of course I did. He's right here with me. I couldn't just come to LA and not see him."

"I should've known. You guys always acted like you were attached at the hip or something. You two should come eat with me. I'm at the lil café on Lennox."

"We'll be there. See you in a bit."

"Alright."

I hung up. Ty pulled up to a red light and put his hand on my thigh.

"Where are we gonna be exactly?"

I looked out the window to see where we were.

"Tip said that he was at the café on Lennox. If I remember right, it's just around the corner."

He turned the corner and we cruised down the block until we saw the café. We pulled up and got out. Ty let the valet park the car. We walked up to the hostess.

"Hi!! Welcome to the Café del Belle. How may I help you?" She winked at Ty. He didn't say anything, he just smiled.

"Yes, umm we're looking for Tip Harris."