Chapter 1 Indigestion

When Rian Mikaelson, at the age of 9 months (looking like a nine-year-old), heroically jumped into the black pit, the last thing he expected was to survive

When Rian Mikaelson, at the age of 9 months (looking like a nine-year-old), heroically jumped into the black pit, the last thing he expected was to survive. Even more unexpected was the fact that he wasn't alone. He literally fell on top of someone. Probably killing the poor dude in the process who lay unmoving under him. Rian sat atop the guy's stomach, dazed, still processing what just happened. 

The guy groaned beneath him, causing him quickly to scramble off of him.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was falling," Rian internally winced at how ridiculous he sounded. "You're still alive... right?" hopefully asked the young Mikaelson, poking him gently, causing the guy to groan in pain.

"Who are you? what are you doing here?" the victim wheezed out.

"I'm Rian. Rian Mikaelson. I fell into the Malivore, well more like jumped," the kid admitted.

"Why would you do that?" asked the guy bewildered.

"To save my sister from doing the same," Ryan said. "What's your name? What are you doing here?"

"I'm Ryan Clarke," Ryan noticed his namesake's grin. "What?"

"We have the same name," the kid grinned. "How cool is that?" 

Clarke snorted at the boy, it was endearing. How such a trivial thing made him happy.

"I'm a son of Malivore. As you can tell, he treats me no different from the monsters he devoured," Ryan muttered bitterly.

Rian's first instinct was to run away from him but where was he supposed to go? This place was a pitch-black vastness. He read about Malivore. Golem created with the blood of a witch, vampire, and werewolf. Creature, whose only goal was to devour supernatural things.

"I'm sorry to hear that," the boy comforted him. "Do you wanna hug?" Rian asked, tilting his head. He always felt better when his father hugged him. He missed his family. What hurts though was the fact that they wouldn't even remember him... probably for the best.

Ryan Clarke just shrugged, suddenly feeling self-conscious. Nobody ever hugged him before. His father, pit of darkness, would never hug someone even if he could unless it was to devour them. He didn't get time to think more when two petite hands wrapped around him, causing warmth to bloom in his chest.

"Don't worry, we'll find a way out," Rian brightly assured him, causing a sliver of hope to ignite in Ryan's chest.