Chapter 14 Trouble In Paradise

Sabrina Spellman, who was very annoyed, opened the doors of the Academy, only to find Pagan woman, whose name she didn't remember, looking at her with a small smile

"My name is Circe. I've decided to accept your Dark Lord's offer," bowed the witch.

Sabrina looked at her contemplatively, trying to discern dishonesty in her eyes or tone, when she found none, she invited her in. "Come in," said Sabrina, opening the Academy doors even wider, allowing the Pagan to pass through.

"Sabrina's who's this?" asked Zelda staring at the beautiful woman, who entered the Academy, she was holding bags, so Zelda assumed she was a new recruitee. 

"Her name is Circe, she is... was a Pagan. She accepted Dark Lord's offer," informed Sabrina, causing Zelda's eyebrows to rise in surprise, looking at the woman with curiosity.

"Summon the Dark Lord, Sabrina, while I show her to her room," commanded Zelda, prompting the stranger to follow her. 

Sabrina closed her eyes and prayed: "Me invocare, te in tenebris, dominus Satanas, venire ad me!" 

Rian appeared in a whoosh of black inferno, startling Sabrina.

"Hey sis, what's up?" asked Rian, looking at her amused.

Sabrina rolled her eyes. "Circe. She decided to join."

Rian just hummed, not entirely surprised by her decision. Waving his hand he caused his book to appear on a small pedestal, just in time too, Circe and Zelda descended the staircase. 

"Welcome to the Academy of the Unseen Arts, Circe," greeted Rian, with a pleasant smile. "Sign your name in the book, with blood. I believe you are already familiar with the process."

Circe nodded her head mutely, cutting her palm without the knife, and scribbling her name with her fingernail. The moment she signed over her soul, powers filled her, knocking her breath out of her. She smiled, a true smile of bliss and pleasure. All this power was now at her disposal. She no longer needed to rely on her hands to cast magic.

"Since you are already knowledgable in the arts, you may choose not to attend. You can stay here and teach, or simply live. Nothing, that you do not want to do, is expected of you."

Circe smiled, bowing her head. "Thank you, Dark Lord."

Rian just gave her a smile and turned towards Sabrina. "Still nothing from our feathery friends?"

Sabrina just shook her head, half-worried and half-amused.

Rian vanished, only to appear in his home on earth, startling Josie and causing her to spit out coffee she gulped.

"Rian, what the heaven?!" exclaimed Josette, trying to calm down her racing heart.

"Sorry, JoJo, I see you caught up with the terminology," smiled Rian sheepishly. "Have you seen Uncle Gabe?" asked Rian, worried for them.