ten¬

[edited]

"Hyung, the case is still going on. And he'll do anything to get back at her, erase her from the scene."

"I know Jungkook-ah. That's why I asked you for it. It's for this purpose only. It's for her safety." Jin replied, balancing the phone between his shoulder and his right ear, while preparing the dishes for the dinner.

The clunking of spoons and vessels could be heard in the background over the phone.

"Hyung, so sweet of you."

"Uh-what?"

"Oh please, I can hear you cooking for me." Answered Jungkook.

"Oh, well then, you heard right, but obviously thought wrong. This is not for you. It's for Aera."

Silence.

"Oh, well, you mean I can join too, right?"

"Uh, no. It's exclusively for Aera. But yeah, you can come get leftovers tomorrow."

Silence again.

Jungkook scoffed.
"Yeah, yeah Hyung. I'm helping you and this is exactly how you should treat me."

Jin broke out laughing. He couldn't keep it anymore.
"I'm sorry Kook-ah baby. I was just kidding with you. I'll treat you tomorrow, I promise."

"Ha ha, very funny Hyung. You better treat me tomorrow."

Jin could hear some chatting in the background.
"Okay. Gotta go Hyung, bye!"

"Alright. Bye Kook-ah!" He smiled. Jungkook was like a younger brother he never had. He continued his cooking and preparing everything for the night. He had specially taken an off from work for this purpose. Well, not exactly. Aera was still his patient.

-

Aera was seated on one of the chairs of the dining table, gazing at SeokJin, who was in the kitchen getting all the dishes to the table.

She loved how caring he was. She loved how he would always comfort her when she would have a breakdown. It was kind of his job, yet at the same time his actions showed so much more. She loved how he held her in her arms until she would drift away to dreamland peacefully. And above all, she loved how he would selflessly give her his time, his energy, his everything, just to heal her.

There was a bonding between the two, and only they could understand it, and their relationship.

Of course their relationship was more than just what a regular patient and a regular doctor would have.
But none of them were willing to take a step forward.
Or it was that they were too scared to take it.

Aera had had trust issues from the beginning, given her past experiences. But thus was the first time she had given her trust to someone so easily. It was almost as if she wanted to do it. Trust him. Be with him. Be more than just a patient.