fifteen¬

[edited]

JunKyung scoffed.
"Your darned lover boy here ruined everything. Tell me, Aera, what do you do to have all these boys loitering around you? Hm? I finish one, and you already have another one in your pants. Is the price as cheap as yourself? Do you sell yourself to these me-"

"Enough!" Jungkook's voice boomed throughout the room.

Sour words as such, had ruined her childhood, when she was in school. Bullies were always mean to her, talking rubbish about her on the face and behind the back. Then coming back to the place she was forced to call home, taking again, all the hatred given to her by someone shared the same blood as her, mentally as well as physically. At that time she used to feel so hurt, the unbearable, excruciating pain in her heart, she would weep for hours, locked in her bedroom, not wanting to come out and face the cruel world.

But that wasn't the case now. She felt hurt, but surprisingly not because the way he talked about her, but because he was family. He was family, and yet, he weighed bills higher than his members, chose greed over love, and wealth over family. It also, was a fact that he never had his own family, but yet, she had the same blood as him. How could've he done such a thing to his brother, and to her? She also felt pitiful towards him, due to the fact that he couldn't realise the value of having someone beside him to love him, and cherish him. He was blind to see how precious it was to have people you could trust and call a family.

Blinded, by greed.

But now it was too late. She'd already lost any empathy, or love, or even any concerns towards him, the day she'd returned to her house to her dead family. It had felt as if her already scarred heart, was snatched out of her chest, and then smashed in front of her eyes.

It had pained that much.

She couldn't do anything now, to bring back what she'd lost. But she could bring them justice, and bring her heart, peace. And now she decided to make sure of it.

Wiping away the tears, she took a deep breath, calming the crazy beat of her heart against her chest, and turned her head to send a small assuring smile to Jin, who was left confused by her sudden actions.

She took a step forward, towards the door beside the glass separating the two sides.

Jin was left amazed. What he saw in her eyes was something he'd never seen before. It was strength and surety. He watched her figure approaching the door, her head held up high. It was surprising, as the Aera he'd known uptil now, would cower away behind him at times especially like this. Totally opposite of what he was witnessing now. A sense of pride bloomed in his chest, realising the change in her being and her personality.

Watching her approach the door, Jungkook nodded towards Jin assuringly, and opened the door for her to enter. Smiling gratefully at Jungkook, she then turned her head towards JunKyung, who was glaring daggers at her.

In a calm manner, she walked and stood in front of him. She stared at him blankly, knowing she'd be getting on his nerves. She knew what he enjoyed. It was her being afraid of him, it gave him power and he was expecting the same right now, knowing he couldn't do anything other than this. She could understand that the sole purpose of his hateful and hurtful words was to break her even more.

But not this time, no.

This time, his trick was to be played on himself.
Looking into her eyes, anyone who knew her would able to recognize the difference in her being. JunKyung did too, and infuriated him to no boundaries. Annoyed, he spat,
"What are you looking at, bitch?"

An ugly smirk suddenly crept onto his mouth again.
"Oh, I see. All strong and fearless now, huh? Well what happened to that little pussy cat, who couldn't do anything but weep when I murdered her father, huh? What happened to that puny brain of yours that went nuts after facing my masterpiece? You know what, you are a useless bitch, and so was your fath-"

A hard slap echoed throughout the room. All the eyes, which had been on JunKyung switched to Aera in a snap. SeokJin was flabbergasted by the fact that this girl here was the same as the girl who had wept uncountable times in his arms, and had found comfort in them. He'd never seen a personality change in such short seconds, ever. His eyes were wide, watching the girl's actions closely, though, Jungkook seemed to be satisfied, as if he'd been anticipating this.

Though Aera's face was void of any expressions, her eyes gleamed with emotions, namely sadness, fury, hatred, and loss.

"I never hated you, even after what you did to me during my childhood. But now...for what you've done? You deserve not even hell."

This been said, she stepped back, then glanced at Jungkook, who nodded back.

"Okay, let's take him back."

With that, he was dragged back to where he belonged rightfully, behind the bars.

Walking on the pavement, hand in hand, Jin thought back to the moment where Aera had slapped JunKyung. Her eyes were full of rage and hatred towards him. To witness her transformation from her timid being to her now bolder self, Jin felt a sense of pride for how she managed her emotions and herself; also making him fall in love with her even more.

Glancing to his side, he watched Aera, he could read confidence in her eyes. But that didn't hinder the soft expression adorning her face, her humble self.

Out of the blue, he blurted out,
"I love you..."

——

"From the moment we met,
  It was you..."

▫

———