seventeen¬

[edited]

As soon as the door to her past family house opened, Aera felt her head being hit by a rush of memories, some of them sweet or sour, and some of them, happy or sad.

It was hard for her to hold back the tears which made there way to the waterline of her eyes, trying to fall out, but the tightening of Jin's grip on their intertwined hands gave her the necessary assurance she needed, that someone was there for her.

After 4 months of therapy, which was especially carried out for Aera to move on from her past and overcome her fears, Aera's personality had shown a positive transformation, thus making her more confident, calmer, happier; also, she got rid of her panic attacks.

Therefore it was decided a few days beforehand, that she'd be going back to her father's house, in order to check on the property, get necessary documents, and to get her things. It was realised so, that it was high time the important things were done and over with, so she was accompanied by SeokJin, who had taken especially a day off for the same.

As she crossed the threshold of the bungalow, flashes of memories hit her..

Aera runs through the house with her brand new teddy bear in her arms, her smile wide and clear, and her feet tapping against the ground as she dashes about in excitement.

"Aera-ya, don't run! You'll get hurt!" Her mother reprimand her, but all goes into deaf ears.

The familiar horn of a car is heard from outside the house, making the 5 years old Aera grin even more.

"Appa!"

She dashes to the the front door to open in, but the door opening abruptly from the outside makes her run into the person.

"Owee..." she mumbles as her little bum hits the hard ceramic floor. Tears gather in her eyes and start rolling down her chubby cheeks. She starts sobbing when she feels pain erupting in her backside.

A pair of arms gather the little girl in their arms.

"My little baby, don't cry."

A palm softly massages the aching area.

"A-Appa..."

"Yes baby...see I've got you your favourite sweets. Wanna have them?"

She starts smiling through her tears at the sound of 'sweets' and nods.

Her father grins at her cuteness and kisses her cheek softly.

A tear rolled down her cheek unconsciously as she reminisced the joyful moments in her past.
Those beautiful moments were the only ones which made her believe that the sweet childhood she had wasn't just some dream.

"You good, Aera? Hm?" Jin asked her softly, knowing very well how she'd get sentimental upon getting reminded of her lost family.

Trying to suck the tears back into her eyes, she gulped down the hurt she felt inside and nodded to him.

Giving her a kiss on the forehead, he walked in further inside the old bungalow.