thirteen¬

[edited]

She shook violently in his embrace, sobbing extremely hard and hyperventilating. The nurses came forward to take her to her room, but failed to do so as the girl didn't move even an inch away from Jin.

Jin held her close to him and offering the nurses a look which said, 'don't worry, I'll do it'. The nurses nodded, walking alongside him who lifted Aera bridal style, to walk her to the hospital room.

Aera, as usual, found warmth and comfort in his arms, but still, the memories from only a few minutes earlier haunted her mind, triggering her panic attack.

SeokJin layed her on the bed, and placing a knee on the edge of it, he hovered over her, caressing her head.

"Shh...it's gonna be alright."
He whispered softly.

He was about to move back to get the injections, but he was pulled back by the wrist, by Aera, who gasped for breath.

She feared him leaving her.

"Relax baby, I'm not leaving."

"Dr. Kim..."
The injections were handed over to him by one of the nurses. He held one of her arms to keep it still, while whispering comforting and encouraging words to her. He brought his free hand to her forehead, easing out her knitted brows, then closing her eyelids daintily.

He pushed on the needle, the tip piercing through her skin and into the muscle for her arm, while the other hand, still, caressed her temple with the thumb.

Her breath simmered down and she started to mollify, followed by her falling into a deep slumber.

-

There were still some hours until dawn. The clock read 3.17 a.m.. A fog of comfortable silence lingered in the air as everyone one, the patients, or the nurses were asleep.

That is, except for one.

He sat by Aera's bed, in a chair, holding her dainty little hands in his larger ones. His thumb caressed her thin fingers with care.

SeokJin sighed.

He was disappointed in himself. Very disappointed. He had promised her his protection, that he would protect her from any harm, that he would heal her. Yet, here she was, tubes connecting to her arms and veins, looking weaker than ever.

Ever since he'd lost his family, he had been alone all his life. During his school days he had stayed with his uncle and aunt, but when he got into the University, he'd moved out of his uncle's house, started working part time and had rented a flat. Then he'd met Jungkook, who became his roommate for 3 years, and they grew closer to each other over the years. After they graduated, they took after their dreams.