epilogue₂¬

[edited]

e²—'checking on the chicken'

Years pass in a jiffy.

Eventually, the past, has been overcome by the couple, if not forgotten.

Taps of little feet echo through the living area, compelling them pull away from each other hastily. Sitting back in the couch, with running breaths, she rests her back against it, eyes closing to calm down the excited thumps of her heart, while her partner in crime simply grins at their sneaky job of display of affection for each other, in the living room of their house, while their children were busy playing upstairs.

Yep, they'd been blessed with two precious souls as their children. Their purpose for life.

“Mommy, I drew daddy— what's wrong mamma? You're all red!” exclaims the little girl of 4.

“Dumbo SuJinnie! You can't say that aloud! They were loving each other, it's adult things!” a 6 year old SaeJin whispers into his younger sister's ears not-so-covertly.

Blushing heavily at the words of her little ones, Aera clears her throat, hiding her burning red face away from her husband.

“I— the chicken must be ready already, let me check it!” she squeaks out, her voice an octave higher, and scurries out to escape the air of awkwardness.

“But mommy, wait I—”

“Here SuJin-ah, let me see what you've created?” Jin successfully diverts the attention of her daughter from her abashed mother to him.

“Dad! I made you! I used the picture Mom painted of you. Look!” the girl was a big ball of enthusiasm and energy.

Holding up the sketch from the edges of it carefully, he admires the work of his little baby girl. Though the picture contained merely a few awkward angled lines, joining together to form a figure of a human, Jin finds it stunning.

“My little baby girl, this is absolutely, fantastically stunning! Who knew you could be such an artist at such a young age?!”

The little girl gasps, her little, tiny fingers coming to cover across her mouth.
“Really?! You like it Daddy?!”

Jin smiles.

“Of course my baby, it's perfect!”

His daughter grins happily, from ear to ear, on his praises.

“I gotta show mamma!” she squeals, jumping in ecstasy, proceeding to the kitchen.

“Wait baby!”

SuJin stops in her tracks, turning around to face her father again, in confusion.

“Y—you know what? You can make it look even better...”