10. Marriage

It was a cloudy, dark, day as not far from the gravestones. Anya, Dawn, and Halfrek were by the alter in their places. So was Xander. Riley and Oz were the best men and were also at their places. Angel was the one to substitute a poster. Spike was to lead the bride down the aisle. The reception was to happen at Buffy's former place.

Everybody stared, as a smiling, beaming bride stood with Spike, just a foot away from the last row of chairs.

"Don't try anything. Keep all fangs and hands to yourself. Oh. And no smoking until the reception starts."

"No worries. I wouldn't try anything without your say so, luv."

"Good. Now let's go. Nice and slow."

"I've been to a wedding before, luv. I know how it works."

They slowly walked down the aisle together.

A few minutes later, their vows were spoken, and rings on.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Everyone watched, as the newest couple kissed romantically and passionately. Those that had known them back in high school, weren't surprised that this day had come. After all this time, their hearts had found each other, once again.

Ten minutes later, the reception started. The bride served the food and refreshments, while being greeted at the same time. So far, everything was going as planned. The former Queen C had even met Anya and Halfrek's Vengeance Demon friends.

"You've still got it," Aurora announced.

"Of course, I do. I'm Cordelia."

Aurora left to join the others.

"Party is wonderful," Harmony announced.

"Thanks, Harm. Although, you can't say party. It's traditionally a reception. You can thank Halfrek and Anya for the decorations and the colors. I picked. They brought and put them up."

"Well, everybody loves it."

"I know. I think there's been about half of the twenty or so come to tell me that."

They hugged.

They let go after five minutes.

Angel and Spike walked into the kitchen.

"Love the wedding, pet," Spike said.

"So, how's everything going with you? We never see you anymore," Angel said.

"Well, I don't see you, either. Everything is great. I'm the Slayer, Sunnydale is half way tamed, and I'm married to my high school sweetheart. It wouldn't hurt you to visit, brood boy. And Spike, how are the visions?"

"Quite peachy. Painless, actually."

"Good to hear."

Halfrek came up.

"I'm glad it worked this time around. I'm loving your techniques already."

"Thanks, Halfrek."

After a few hours, everybody started to leave for the night. All except the LA crew, Halfrek, Anya, and Lilah.

"Do we have to go?" Fred asked.

"Yes. You guys do," the brunette replied. "Angel, Harm, and Spike can stay to help clean this mess up, though."

"I'll do that," Halfrek announced.

"Of course, you will. I'm starting to see how much Anya likes you so much."

"I think Spikie here should go home with Angel. I'll stay for a little while and come home after we're done," Harm said.

So, they did.

Halfrek cleaned up, while the couple got changed in their bedroom.

Harm rolled her eyes at the couple, hearing all the kissing and whatnot from upstairs. After all, she was a vampire.

🎉 You've finished reading The Adventures Of Cordelia Chase and Xander Lavelle Harris vol.4: New Beginning 🎉