9. Announcement

Cordy and her fiancé sat in their new room, which had been the witches' former room. Riley had taken Buffy's old room. They were sitting on their bed, planning the wedding on paper.

"I think we have it. About twenty-five chairs for everybody. I mean, who knows who Anya will bring. We have the list, the theme, the priest, the food that I will be making, the specially ordered wedding cake from Sweets, the decorations we want, and our list of guests and so on. Let's make sure we have everybody," she announced. She read the list aloud. "Mr. and Mrs. Harris, Uncle Bernard Harris, Aunt Fiona Harris, Grandmother Clarice Harris, Grandfather Arthur Harris, Cousin Lulu Harris, Cousin Felicia Harris, Cousin Cynthia Harris, Uncle Herald Chase, Aunt Helen Chase, Anya Jenkins, Abby Balls, Beth Harley, Aurora Hallow, Harmony Kendall, Angel, Wesley Wyndam Pryce, Charles Gunn, Fred Burkle, Connor, Lilah Morgan, Lindsey Wilkins, Halfrek, Dawn Summers, Riley Finn, Spike, Oz, Amy Hathaway, and The Initiative. I think that's it."

"Why are we inviting vampires to our wedding?" he asked.

"Because they're vampires I know and trust."

"Well, I guess we send them out then."

"Yeah. We do, Xan. It'll be quicker my way."

She looked up at the ceiling.

"Halfrek, get your Vengeance Demon ass down here right now!" she yelled.

Halfrek arrived in smoke that faded away.

"Yes?" She realized who it was. "Oh. Angel's friend. What can I do for a girl like you?"

"I need you to go on a mission for me. We don't know where Anya and Oz are. Or Amy for that matter. Could you be a doll and send an announcement to each of them? Oh. And there's one for you, too. We're having a wedding in a couple of days."

Halfrek took the bundle that the woman extended to her.

"Well, congratulations to you two. Is there anything else?"

"Yeah. Would you like to be a bridesmaid? You and Anya? I only have one right now."

"I'd love to. Just call when you need me. I'll send them all your way. What's the theme? I wouldn't want to be under or overdressed."

"Just wear a dress with a flower design. That's going to be the bridesmaids. If you guys bring any food, just stop by this place and I'll take care of it. The theme is just kinda a beautiful jungle or forest. Everyone should just wear light colors. Now, please go."

"Wish everyone luck," the Vengeance Demon said, before disappearing in a cloud of smoke.

"Again, with the supernatural help," Xan commented.

"Hun, this is for the best. We have two days to get everything finished. Don't fret. My ways are so much quicker. You know I'm right."

"I know. It's just the whole thing of vampires and demons coming."

"Relax, Xan."

They both began to kiss.