Chapter Eight

Marcy sat up and yawned. Her bedfellows kept on sleeping so she just slipped out of bed and went to the bathroom.

As she looked in the mirror, she freaked out momentarily. Her hair looked 1980s big. She was terrified of what she'd have to do later to tame it (Cheyenne wasn't the only one tenderheaded) but went about brushing her teeth and washing her face.

When done, she took her medicine then washed her body. She went to the closet and turned on the light and closed the door.

She yawned as she went over clothing options for the day. She had no idea what she wanted to wear because she was just going to have to change anyway. She was going over wardrobe for the tour.

She chose ripped jeans and a big shirt (button down) and threw on her clothes. She packed her purse and grabbed a duffle bag to fill with towels, an extra set of clothes and shoes and her headphones.

Ellen came in while she was stuffing. "Hey? What are you doing up?"

Ellen yawned. "You weren't in bed and the light was on."

"I have to leave." Marcy zipped up the duffle bag.

"Where are you going?" Ellen sounded so distraught.

"To the studio. I told you. I have to start prep for the tour."

"But I don't want you to go."

"Aww, baby, I have to. Do you want to come with me?"

"On tour?!"

"To the studio today." Marcy chuckled.

"Oh. Yes."

"Hurry up and get dressed. I have to finish packing my bag, pump then pee."

"You haven't peed yet?" Ellen thought that was strange.

"This baby makes me go at odd times. It's weird."

"Are you saying the baby is weird...?"

"Yes." Marcy nodded.

"Marcy!"

Marcy grinned.

Ellen shook her head with a smirk. "I'll hurry."

"You've got twenty minutes." Marcy left. She knew she'd thrown Ellen for a loop. As she went to Aisling's room, she snickered over the shocked look on the girl's face.

Marcy pumped as much as she could in fifteen minutes then went to pee. After, she went downstairs and to the kitchen. She packed away her lunch (and Ellen's) and filled her water-bottle.

She placed the breastmilk inside the refrigerator and went to the front door. She waited exactly one minute before Ellen flew in.

"I was about to leave you." Marcy lied.

"20 minutes isn't a long time." Ellen huffed and puffed.

"I suppose not. Come on." Marcy opened the door.

Ellen went through it. "Did you tell Mal we were leaving?"

"Mal's sleep." Marcy locked the door.

"Yeah but you woke him up, right?"

"Why would I wake him up?" Marcy headed for the elevator.

Ellen followed. "So he'd know we were leaving."

"He already knows."

"Not now."

"He doesn't know anything now but whatever he's dreaming about. He'll know when he wakes up."