Revelation

Takahashi Asami

"Miyuki and Asam sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!"

We quickly turned our heads to the source of the childish teasing and saw Kuramochi approaching us laughing. Miyuki backed off and I was able to breathe again. Miyuki rolled his eyes at Kuramochi, "Yoichi, you know I don't kiss dudes." He said slightly defensively.

"Kyahaha, you don't kiss girls either greenie!" He laughed at the catcher. I quickly turned my head to Miyuki and couldn't stop myself from asking, "You've never kissed anyone?"

Miyuki looked at me and glared, "No, I don't have time for girls. The only thing I care about is baseball and school." He crossed his arms defiantly but I saw pink dusting his cheeks. Okay, that's kind of cute...

"Oi, what's this about girls?!"

I smiled in relief at hearing that loud voice that belongs to my recent friend. Jun, followed closely by Yuki, walked up to us- hair still slightly damp. I shrugged innocently when they looked at me confused.

"Of course Jun-san only shows up when the topic of girls comes up," Miyuki joked, obviously trying to take the attention away from him. I snickered behind my hand. And Jun looked ready to jump at Miyuki but Tetsu defused the situation by asking why Miyuki and Kuramochi were here.

"I came to speak to you about our new teammate," Miyuki replied smirking still and looking at me.

"I wanted to play a couple of video games before grabbing a bat." Kuramochi shrugged his shoulders, "Wait, what new teammate Miyuki?" He asked after realizing what the catcher had said. Miyuki remained looking at me while he gestured with his chin at me. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion and he spoke, "After today, I'm sure Asami-san here will be a part of our team. He certainly displayed enough skills worthy of being on the first string. So I was going to speak to Tetsu to say we should speak to coach about having him bat 5th, after Tetsu himself."

I was confused at first before I remembered that Miyuki still thought I was a guy and that he was talking about me being in the first-string with them and batting 5th in the order. They were now all looking at me and I started feeling too self conscious and burst out loud quickly, "well nothing is confirmed so let's not jump to conclusions. Anyway, Yuki-kun we were going to play shogi right?"

They all just blinked at me before Tetsu nodded slowly. I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the room and sat down quickly in front of the game, already set since this morning. I heard another person enter which I assumed was Jun and nearly slumped to the floor with irritation when I heard the other two enter.

"Jun, play me in a game?" Kuramochi asked him while looking for controllers in the cupboard I haven't touched since moving into this room. Now I see there is a game console, DVDs and controllers. Jun nodded and they started playing.

I was about to start the game but the video game was taking my interest away from the board. I had never seen a video game since my parents never gave me one before they died and I hadn't been in any position to try play a video game after they died. Tetsu noticed my attention zone to the TV and suggested I try it and that he would play Miyuki, since he still was owed a rematch with him. I nodded and slowly went up behind the two gamers and watched intently.

Kuramochi lost and sighed onto the floor in defeat. He looked up and saw my immense interest in the characters, animation and actions. "Do you want to play?"

I finally broke my stare on the TV and moved it to the boy lying on the floor looking at me. "Umm... I've never tried it. I, I don't know how to play." I replied sheepishly. He grinned and sat up. He put the controller in my hands and with his hands over mine his pushed buttons explaining what each button did and what I could try and what the aim of the game was.