Gentle

Takahashi Asami

Finally the first day of summer camp has ended. My body ached in some places due to my exertion but the ache in my muscles was secondary to the ache and pains now consuming me again in my lower abdomen.

I crashed on my bed exhausted and containing no energy to do anything except breathe. I groaned more remembering that this was the first day and there was still a whole week worth left of this camp and a few more days of my menstrual cycle, but tomorrow should be better as usually my pains have calmed by the third day...

I huffed hearing my phone buzz. I slapped my hand around my bedside table until my hands landed on a small rectangular object. I then dragged my phone to me and turning it on to see who emailed me.

It was Tetsu, checking up on me and asking if I needed anything or if I would like him to keep me company. I smiled, loving the warmth spreading through my chest at his sincerity. I replied that I was fine, didn't need anything and told him to rest so that he could be ready for another day of summer camp tomorrow.

I put my phone back on my bedside table. As I was about to try and get comfortable again on my bed, but I heard a knock at my door.

So much for telling Tetsu to rest...

I called for him to come in, but it was not Tetsu's harsh vibrant orange eyes that met mine, but rather small chocolate brown irises.

"Kuramochi-kun?" I sat up surprised and bit back the sharp pain at my sudden movement. He however seemed to pick up my discomfort as his eyebrows scrunched in slight concern. He walked up to me with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"Yo, you good Asami?" He asked. He sat at the foot of my bed taking in my appearance, "you look... uncomfortable."

I smiled sheepishly and avoided his gaze while bringing up my legs to my chest. I leaned my forehead on my knees and sighed realizing he was waiting for me to speak, "I'm just a little sore in some places."

I made sure to remain vague so he wouldn't catch on to my actual predicament. But his next question caused me to groan internally in defeat as he asked, "Where?"

I replied quietly, "Some muscles in my arms and shoulders, legs but mostly in my lower abdomen." I didn't look at him until I heard him huff. When I looked over to him, I saw he was blushing slightly and scratching his neck in slight embarrassment. He was now avoiding looking at me and he opened his mouth to say something, "Um, would you like a massage or something..?" he mumbled almost too quietly for me to hear. My eyes widened in surprise at first before a soft smile crept to my lips. I decided to play with him a little to get rid of his embarrassment he was feeling over the offer. So I changed my soft smile to a teasing one as I said, "You massage me? You know there is a difference between massaging and wrestling right?"

I chuckled when he spun his head in my direction. An angry irritated face now glaring at me, "Of course I know the difference! I'm not an idiot." He huffed and crossed his arms annoyed. I smiled at my success in removing his embarrassment. He glared at my smile thinking I was still teasing him in my head. He then locked eyes with me, "I know how to be gentle Asami..."

I was shocked at his words but I also noticed that he sounded a little upset. I panicked slightly, not meaning to upset him at all. I quickly said back, "I know you can be gentle! I remember how gentle your hands were when-"

I slammed my mouth shut. What was I saying?? I nearly told him how I noticed how gentle his hands were when he had helped me learn how to play video games. I blushed furiously and looked to the side so he wouldn't see my scarlet cheeks. He now looked at me confused, "What was that you were saying?" He lifted an eyebrow, slight amusement shining in his eyes.