chapter sixty nine:last wish!

Zaid  p.o.v

I was beyond angry about everything.
I just wish that everything to stop. I left the hospital with a heavy heart not knowing what to do next.

I kept staring at the envelope in my hand and I wasn't sure what to do next.

Simran kept nagging me and I told her what happened I could be sure that she wasn't happy at all.

When we were outside the hospital I hit my car with my fist and I didn't care about the pain. Simran just stood there.

It was like she had regrets in her eyes because I saw tears she wiped it and said something I wanted to stop her from going back but I let it be.

I got in my car and I was driving when I got a phone call from home. It was my mom,she asked me where I was and that she wanted to talk to me.

I didn't want to go back to that place but I had no choice.

When I got out of the car, I looked up the window and saw simran's room but the light was out.

I remembered that she went back to the hospital probably to talk to Saira. I took out my phone and called her but she didn't answer.

When I entered home, I kept looking at my phone. I saw my mom in the living room waiting for me I guess. I put my phone in my pocket and I treated her respectfully.

"Hey mom ,how are you doing is everything ok? "

"Am fine son it's just that I have been worried about you are you ok?"

"To be honest mom am not ,at least not at the moment "

"What do mean,is it about your company did something happen?"

"No it's not about work it's about my life mom nothing is happening the way I hoped it would "

"Like what son?"

"Like Sara, I thought that when she came back I would do whatever it takes to work in our relationship but instead she asked for a divorce I can't take it anymore"

"Zaid I have been waiting for a while to talk to you about Sara but time didn't let me so please listen to what I have to say"

"What are you talking about what about Sara did you talk to her? "

"Za...zaid Listen the thing is that am the one who made her do it I pressured her to let you go and now I regret doing that am so sorry for ruining your life "

"Wh....what are you saying th..."

"Yes zaid  am at fault and not Sara the truth is that I have missed you so much and I know that am partly blamed for breaking our family, I don't know how to make it up to you but I have a reason for what I did"

"I..... I don't know what... how could you be so selfish mom how can you think of destroying a relationship like this you know what I don't know you anymore and it's best if you never be part of my life"

"No no zaid  you can't do this to me am your mother you have to understand I did this for you so that..."

"So what mom you can have me by your side I didn't leave this house because of you but your husband so blame him and not Sara and by the way what did she do to deserve this can't you have a bit of humanity she lost her mother and this is how you welcome her by forcing her to do this? "

"Am so sorry zaid  I thought that she would take you away from me and I would lose you forever"

"I don't believe one single word that is coming from you so it's best if I leave now"

"Zaid  please listen to me"

"No I won't you have made my life a living hell I can't believe all this years I have blamed myself for loving a wrong person but you were behind my misery .But Why?" Answer me.

I couldn't understand why my mom was so cruel to Sara. What has she ever done to suffer this much. First she lost her mother then her friends and now me. When will this suffering ever end.

I drove fast my penthouse and I threw the envelope on the couch. I took off my jacket and sat on the couch. I couldn't stop remembering what just happened a while ago.

So I called Simran but she didn't answer so I continued until I heard a male voice answering her phone.

I realised it was Max I asked him about Simran and he told me that she was with him so I didn't want to say anything I just hung up. I laid on the couch and I thought about everything that happened before.

Flashback

That day was the best day I wish I had not done what I did. The day of our wedding when I happen to get everyone's attention and all eyes were on me. I was super excited that I was finally getting married to the girl of my dreams. That day she wore the most elegant red dress and her face was covered I could barely see her smile. The closer she got the faster my heart was racing.

When she was escorted by Simran on her side. We both sat together and we signed the document which was officially proved that she was my wife. We were going to exchange rings when it was her turn the ring got snatched from her hand and that's was when everything broke down.

Simran showed me the picture my heart was broken and I thought that I was making a huge mistake marrying her so I threw her out of my life. And now am paying the price.

End of flashback

Few weeks later

I couldn't sleep well since that night. I didn't go to work either I would lock myself . Whenever I get a call from the office I would make excuses about this or that. I don't remember the last time I had a proper meal.

I lost myself and I didn't know how to live. My mom told me all she did was to have me. But she didn't bother about my feelings either.

I hated everything. A time came when I had lost the energy and lost conscious and I was lying on the floor.

I then heard someone's voice calling my name. I couldn't see clearly but it looked like her. The next thing I hear is voices and a sound of ambulance I guess I was in hospital.

I was still unconscious but I could hear someone walking in. I felt her hand and she kissed it. I also felt it on my cheeks. She got closer to my ears and whispered.

" Am so sorry for everything I didn't mean to say that but I guess she had confessed what she did all I know is that she will never hurt anyone and I hope that you will forgive her too because she did it to have you all by herself and don't blame her. I hope you will be strong for her and fulfil her last wishes And maybe you and I will have our chance together."

I didn't get to understand by the word her"last wish". By the time I open my eyes she was gone.

"What could it be?"......I asked.