chapter thirty six: My Broken Heart

Sara p.o.v

Happiness was beyond limits.
I was graduating today. After a long talk with Simran last night and she was also happy because I was going to be her future sister in law.

It was beyond my expectations to be my best friend's in law and mostly to have feelings for her brother I really never intended to happen like this.

When were at the hospital, during Max's surgery after the accident.

I went to visit my mum and she was more worse than before.

Her skin was changing and turning darker , my only hope was for her to get better and at least turn up for my graduation.

I  took a seat and  sat at on the chair and took her hand.

It felt cold and I was shaking but I knew I had to be strong even if it was killing me inside I took a breath and said:

"Guess what mum,am going to graduate tomorrow and I was hoping if you were going to be there. But unfortunately you can't but don't worry am going to be happy and imagine as if you're there cheering for me."

I was about to get up when I suddenly felt her squeezing my hand and then she opened up her eyes. I didn't know what to do.

I was so happy that I kept on calling to a doctor until one of them came in and checked her.

"it's really a miracle that she is awake. Try not to disturbe her, she is still a bit weak."

"Don't you worry, am just happy that she is alive."

"But you have to be careful, I can't guarantee you that she will live longer."

I didn't want to listen to him. All I was thinking of was how she will be there for me on my graduation and even wedding, So I just nod my head and went back to her.

The following day, I went to Yusuf's office
before graduation and I wanted to  talk to him. I wanted to know about his past. It was the only way to know about him.

I know that I rejected him that night because of his sister at the same time I wanted to be with him so I didn't know how to overcome him.

And I wanted to have a clear conscience.

I know that I shouldn't but, I just wanted to get rid of any obstacle that might ruin our future.

He told me everything he was going to say something but my phone rang and Simran told me that the ceremony was about to start.

I told him that I would talk to him later and left. After ceremony, we had a small party as a good bye.

Little did I know I was wondering around looking for Sasha. I saw William and asked if he saw her and he said that he left her at the studio.

As I was getting in, I heard her saying things about wanting to destroy Saleena.

I was so angry.  What she told me next made me feel like I was being torn apart.

Jane confessed that she was in love with max and now Simran was engaged to him , but what was she angry about that she wants to destroy Simran.

After arguing with her all she did was  just smiled and wished me luck to save myself.

I was about to check the photos when Tara called me.

I left in a hurry, the room was filled with people and seemed so crowded.

I found Simran I was going to talk to her, when out of nowhere the room was silent.

I looked behind me and I was shocked to see zaid  on the stage holding a mic. He proposed to me in front of the whole school.