Chapter 1

I lay in bed as I heard a small creaking noise of the door, indicating the door was opened by someone. I lay very still, with my eyes still closed.

I felt a slight shift in weight on the other side of my bed and felt the person’s hands creep around my body. I turned around and the person seemed shocked.

“Hwa Young? I thought you were asleep. Did I wake you up?” He asks.

“No, it’s alright. I couldn’t sleep.” I say and he nods.

He then pulls me closer and puts his chin on top of my head, presumably closing his eyes.

“Let’s fall asleep together then.” He says, and I close my eyes, hugging him closer.

In the morning~

I wake up to the harsh sound of my alarm clock. I knock it off the side table and sit up, still sleepy. I look around and see no signs of Jungkook anywhere.

“Jungkook-ah?” I shout to see if he’s still in the house. I don’t get a reply. As usual.

I get up and get ready for the day. And then I head straight to my office.

“Hwa Young! I’m so glad you’re here! We have so much work.” Byul says, as she rushes me into the meeting room.

I work at Bighit Ent. and I am in charge of the camera team. All the cameras that record BTS and TXT, be it the shows or movies or even the award show performances, are done by two teams, out of which I head one. We take turns to record both artists and the orders of who’ll be in charge of a particular recording come directly from the authorities. It is a hectic job but pays well. Also, I met Jungkook here.

“I’ll ask their schedule and let you guys know and then we can start working on the plans for this week.” I say, addressing my team members.

The meeting ends and everyone moves on to complete their assigned tasks.

“Hwa Young!” I hear a faint voice as I was going to the elevator. I turn around and see Jungkook jogging his way over to me. Before I could comprehend, he takes my wrist and pulls me into a nearby storage room.

“What are you doing?” I ask.

“Sorry about today morning. I got a call for early practice. You know, since the comeback is right around the corner.” He says.

“Look, it’s okay. I’m used to it now.” I say and shrug. He takes my hands in his.

“I’ll make it up to you. Let me take you out to dinner tonight. How does that sound?” He asks, with a goofy smile on his face.

“Sounds good. I’ll be waiting.” I say, smiling and wave to him before going out.