Chapter 5

In the evening~

My phone rings and I see Jungkook calling. I cut the call off. It’s already 11. As soon as I’m about to walk up to my bed, I hear my phone ringing again.

“What is it?” I say, picking the call. All I hear is loud music and glasses clinking.

“I lub youuu Hwaa Youngg~” I hear from the other side.

“Are you drunk? Where are the other members?” I ask him.

“No here.” He says and starts laughing.

“Why are you alone?” I ask and worry starts to take over me.

“You left me because babieee~” He says and I hang up.

I call Taehyung as soon as I hang up and he picks up.

“Tae, I need you to do me a favor.” I say.

“What is it, Hwa Young?” He asks and I explain to him how Jungkook is drinking alone somewhere.

“I need you to pick him up please.” I plead.

“Of course. That moron should’ve taken us with him. But do you know where he is?” He asks.

“I didn’t ask him!” I hit my head.

“Anywhere you think he could be?” He asks. I rack my brains for an answer. He doesn’t go just anywhere to drink. He used to take me to this one place because it was not well lit and he could drink freely there without being recognized easily.

“Oh! Can you check The Bar? He may be there.” I tell him and he agrees and hangs up.

I call Jungkook and he picks up after a few rings.

“Heyooo?” He answers.

“Stay right where you are, okay?” I say.

“Okiee, hehe.” He says, and I hear giggles and then nothing.

“Jungkook? Jk? Yo?” I ask, but no one answers. I hang up.

After about half an hour of pacing around, I see my phone ringing and see Jungkook calling.

“Hello?” I say, quickly picking up.

“Hwa Young, I’m here.” I hear Tae’s voice on the other side.

“Is he okay?” I ask, calming down a bit.

“Yeah, he’s totally wasted. I’ll take him back now.” He says and bids me goodbye. I hang up.

The next morning~

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. I check and its RM calling. I quickly pick up the phone.

“Hello?” I say, sitting up.

“Hwa Young, can you please go check on Jungkook?” He says, and my eyes go wide.

“What? Why?” I ask.

“Actually, he’s not here at the company yet and none of us can go to him right now because we have a sound recording. He may not have woken up because of last night’s stunt. Please.” He says and I don’t know how to answer.

“I’m gonna take that as a yes, Hwa Young.” He says and hangs up, without letting me reply.

I get up and get ready. Its a holiday for our camera team since there’s not much work to get done. I am torn. Should I go? Should I not? What do I do? Why do I have to go check on him? Then again, what if he’s not in a good condition after last night?

After a good 20 minutes, I decide it wouldn’t hurt to go check on him once. Just go there, wake him up and get back. Simple and easy.

I reach his apartment and knock on the door. No response. I fish my phone out of my handbag and try calling him. Nothing. Is he still inside or has he already left? Maybe he has?