Chapter 8

Day Before The Wedding.

Ariana's POV

The wedding was set for tomorrow, and given the precarious situation with my father, we had decided against having any bachelorette or bachelor parties. There simply wasn't time for such luxuries.

"I have something for you," Stephen said, a mysterious smile playing on his lips as he led me to the movie room in the house.

Walking in, I was greeted with a heartwarming sight: my favorite movies, an array of snacks, and everything perfectly set up with my favorite show, Spartacus, ready to play. "Babe, you didn't have to," I said, grinning from ear to ear.

"Since we won't be doing the traditional celebrating, I decided to do this. I wanted to spend today with you because tomorrow and the days after are going to be incredibly busy. Plus, Warren and Jayda will be joining us," he explained, just as Jayda sauntered into the room, already munching on a bag of chips.

"This is wonderful. Thank you," I said, pulling him into a kiss, my heart swelling with gratitude.

"Anything for you, baby," he murmured, pressing a tender kiss to my forehead.

We settled into the plush seating, the room filled with the comforting sounds of Spartacus and the occasional crunch of snacks. Jayda and Warren's laughter mingled with our own, creating a symphony of joy and camaraderie. For a few precious hours, the world outside and its looming dangers faded away. It was just us, sharing moments of happiness and love.

As the evening wore on, I leaned against Stephen, feeling a sense of peace wash over me. Whatever challenges tomorrow might bring, I knew we would face them together. And in this moment, surrounded by those I held dear, I felt truly blessed.

Hours later

After finishing the first season of Spartacus, we decided it was time for something more substantial to eat. My father had been distant, likely scheming, while my mother's occasional conversations with me felt forced and insincere.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick. I'll be back," I said, hopping off the bar stool. As I walked down the hall, I overheard a phone conversation. It was my father. "Yeah, everything is going down at the end of the reception. So have everything in order," he said, laughing evilly.

I snuck past the door and into the bathroom, my mind racing. I couldn't wait to see his face when he found out we knew everything. I had become numb to the fact that my father had used me. Things happen; life goes on.

"Ariana," I heard someone call my name. It was Stephen.

"Yes?" I responded, turning to face him.

"I'm going to stay at the second guest house tonight. I'll see you at the dinner party," he said, pulling me into a warm embrace.

"Okay, I'll see you tonight then," I said, sharing a lingering kiss with him.

After Stephen left the house, I went downstairs to discuss the last-minute preparations. "I don't understand why she picked this theme," my mother said, her voice tinged with disapproval.

"I picked it because I love it. It's my wedding. You did give me away without my permission. I think I'm entitled to have something. So excuse me if I didn't consult you on MY wedding. I don't want to hear anything else about it," I said firmly but politely.

"The girls have already been fitted for their dresses. Everything is in order. Everyone needs to be up and ready by 7 a.m. so we can get the day started," my wedding planner announced.

"Tonight, the wedding rehearsal and dinner will be held outside. It's a tradition in the family," Sofia added.

"Everyone, go get dressed and be outside in two hours," I instructed, turning to go upstairs. In the hair and makeup room, I settled into my chair and let the professionals work their magic. All the other girls were there getting ready as well.

"This shit is fancy," Keisha remarked as we prepared.

"I've done this back home before," Stacy chimed in.

"Girl, that ghetto-ass salon you go to that serves cheap-ass wine coolers and has roaches doesn't have shit on this," Keisha said, embarrassing Stacy as usual. Stacy just rolled her eyes and sipped her drink.

As I sat there, I couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and apprehension. The evening ahead was crucial, not just for the wedding, but for the plans we had set in motion to counter my father's betrayal. Everything had to go perfectly.

To my surprise, Stephen was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs. "You look beautiful, mi amore," he said, kissing my hand tenderly.

"Thank you, sweetie," I replied, blushing as a warm feeling spread through me.

As we stepped outside, I was greeted by a breathtaking setup. Twinkling lights adorned the garden, casting a magical glow over the tables draped in elegant linens and adorned with fresh flowers.

"It's beautiful, Sofía," I said, hugging her tightly.

"Anything for you, mi amore," she replied with a radiant smile.

Stephen and I made our way to our seats, soaking in the positive vibes that filled the air. Most of the men were getting drunk and having a grand time, while the women indulged in gossip. My family, however, kept to themselves, their standoffish attitudes a stark contrast to the joyous atmosphere.

"Stephen, I want to go to Greece for our honeymoon," I said, looking at him with a dreamy expression.

"Anything you want," he said, his eyes drifting down to my cleavage.

"Stop, we have guests," I said, playfully smacking him upside the head.

"I can't help it," he said, scratching his head sheepishly.

Leaning in close, he whispered in my ear, "Tomorrow at the reception, stay very close to me. Do not leave my side."

I nodded, understanding the gravity of his words. I kept my gaze forward, my mind a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions. Tomorrow was going to be a whole shit show, but at least I wouldn't be facing it alone.

Real shit going down next chapter.