Chapter 15

Stephen's POV

Waking up, I noticed Ariana stretched out beside me, still asleep. Today was packed with plans for us, but first, I wanted to start with a nice breakfast. I'd never done anything like this for anyone before. The only woman I'd ever shown love to was my mother. I never wasted time on women who had nothing to offer or couldn't complete me as a man. Sarah had been just a distraction; I could never imagine marrying her.

Slipping out of bed, I headed to the bathroom for a shower. After my usual routine, I stepped onto the deck to check if the chefs had everything I had requested.

When I walked back into our room, I heard the shower running—Ariana was awake and getting ready. I took the opportunity to place a card and some roses on the bed. I had also scattered rose petals leading from our room to the beach, where breakfast was set up. It was 7:00 am, and I had a full day planned. I wanted everything to be perfect for her.

"Aww, baby, this is nice," she said, walking up to me. "Just a quick breakfast so we can get on with today's festivities," I replied, giving her a quick kiss before we sat down to eat. "Where are we going first?" she asked. "The Iolani Palace," I said. "I can't wait. I love anything to do with history," she responded, smiling. I knew she would enjoy it.

"I got a call from Warren this morning. The doctors are releasing him early. We think it's safer that way. The Mafia's doctor will be coming to his house to check on him. Jayda is moving back in with him to help with his recovery. Shot or not, Jayda is sticking to her word about making him earn her trust back," I said.

"You better not ever cheat on me. I will raise hell. You think you've seen me angry? Trust me, it gets worse," she said, sipping her orange juice and staring me dead in the eyes. Should I be afraid?

"Any leads on who shot him?" she inquired.

"The bullets bore a distinctive symbol. Our investigation led us to Roberto Rossi, the head of a small gang in Italy. We need to tread carefully with this situation. We don't know his motives or why he's interfering with us. It's crucial that we approach this with caution rather than jumping to conclusions. As my grandfather used to say, 'A man must exercise caution in every move and think situations through. Our actions shape our destiny, and being impulsive will lead to one's downfall.' Wise words to live by," I mused.

"Sounds like he was a wise man," she agreed.

"He was indeed. Now that breakfast is done, let's hit the road to our first destination," I said, helping her up.

"Who knew you had a romantic side?" she teased.

"I aim to please," I responded, leaning in to kiss her. "Now, let's get serious," I added, giving her a playful slap on the rear, leaving her momentarily speechless. I just hope everything is alright back home.

Jayda's POV

I I decided to move back into the house to help Warren with his recovery. It hasn't been easy, but I'm managing. "What do you want for dinner?" I asked, walking into our room.

"Spaghetti is fine," he said, attempting to sit up.

"Lay down. You don't want to open any stitches," I said, adjusting his pillows.

"Thank you," he murmured, grabbing my hand. "I should've been there more. I should've told you that you were beautiful more often, cherished you. You are everything a man could want, and I was foolish for one night that wasn't even worth it. Forgive me," he pleaded, looking frail due to his injuries.

"I forgive you, but I don't trust you yet. To give you my heart again, I need to believe that you won't hurt me again. Trust is the foundation of a marriage. If you can't be the man I need you to be, we won't work out. But this goes beyond just you and me; it affects our baby. If you want us to work, you have to put in the effort," I said, tidying up the room.