Blackmail

The school bell rung, indicating the end of another long school day. For Arata Kashimura, this was the moment he's been waiting for all since he stepped foot inside.

"Ah finally." He stretched out his arms from being so stiff. He nearly forgot that he was at school for a moment, until a voice brought him back to reality.

"You're unusually happy for school to be out." It was his classmate, Yogi Aono, who sat beside him. "You must be looking forward to something."

"Oh... it's not that." He lied. "You know, just happy to be done on a Monday." In actuality, there was something that he'd been looking forward to for a while now. And today was the day he could finally get it.

"Really, then does that mean you might be able to join me after school for some food then?"

"Sorry, but I've got to say no to that. Got some errands to take care of." At this point the pair had known each other since the beginning of their first year of high school. With the recent start of their second year, this meant it's been a little over a year since they've met.

Lately, Yogi has been trying to get him to join and hang out with some friends. In fact, from what he's heard, they seem like an interesting bunch. But unfortunately for his classmate, Arata had already resigned himself to avoid making friends, due to his secret.

"Aw, but you always say that." Yogi replied, saddened.

"Ah, well what can I do. Gotta focus on what life throws at me first." With that, the two said their goodbyes and separated. Arata assumed Yogi went to meet with friends at the nearest fast food joint. Meanwhile, he went the opposite direction, finding himself in front of a store he'd know too well. He looked around, making sure there wasn't anyone he knew to see him and he entered.

"Arata, I knew I'd see you here right about now." The store owner greeted him. The store he entered was an otaku shop, stuffed with merchandising of popular anime, manga, and light novel products.

"You know it." He smiled, looking around, seemed there were a few patrons shopping. Even though he was aware that anyone here wouldn't really judge him. It always felt awkward for him here. "So, you've got you-know-what."

"Sorry, but you're going to have to be more specific than that." The owner always enjoyed teasing his best customer.

"Come on, you know what I'm talking about." He sighed. "You got the new figurine from the manga 'Mad Love'." He asked, in a somewhat quiet voice.

"Sorry, but I just sold the last one."

"What?"

"Is what I'd say if you weren't such a loyal customer. Don't worry." He reached under the counter, reveling the figurine. "I saved one just for you." In his excitement, Arata grabbed it from the owners hands. It was a full figure of the main girl in the manga he was reading at the moment. Limited edition, no less.

"Awesome, this is just what I've been waiting for."

"I don't know why you like that girl so much. She's pretty crazy."

"Well duh, she's a yandere after all." That answer didn't really persuade the man. "Her devotion is just so mesmerizing, and unlike others of her type, her love is just so pure."

"Even if that was the case, I think she'd be pretty terrible in real life."
"I don't know, I'd like to think I could tame someone like that." The two shared a laugh at his joke. As if Arata was ever the type to have a girlfriend, let alone a stalker. After he paid, Arata quickly made his way back home to avoid being seen.