Safe and Sound...

A/N: I hate the twin Ciel thing, so in the brother's place I'm just putting a random kid.

Narrator's POV

Ciel froze as he and Vincent watched the chanting cult that was speaking in broken Latin trying to summon a demon.

The twenty or so cultists were all dressed in maroon hooded robes and all wore black masks, but what Ciel was focused upon was the bleeding corpse of a little girl who could be no older than five years old.

Vincent simply watched in confusion as Ciel screamed and threw up a colorless vomit, the last of the clear fluid running down his chin.

Ciel's father was absolutely clueless about to help his twitching son.

Ciel meanwhile, his brain wasn't registering the world around him, in his mind he wasn't the one hundred and forty four year old Prince of Pride, he was the ten year old boy who just became an orphan and just watched the friend he had made in his month of captivity get murdered.

Vincent tried to comfort him, placing a hand on his shoulder and went to tell him that he was here for him but Ciel pushed him away, his demon strength literally making he go several feet away.

Ciel collapsed to the floor and began to rock as memories of that day flooded his brain and vision.

***

Back in Hell, Sebastian was speaking with Madam Red about demonology when he felt a stinging of pain through the contact bond and a surge of panic before a complete shut off from the mate bond.

He used the only open bond to track Ciel's location discovered he was on Earth, so he simply said he had to go and tugged on the string in his mind that would take him to the most recent summoning.

Instantly, he found himself in what seemed to be an abandoned church in the middle of the woods that was now home to a cult,

He looked into the shadows of the room and found Ciel rocking and panicking and Vincent trying to help.

Having dealt with Ciel's PTSD episodes twice before —once while Ciel was human and once after he became a demon— he followed the same thing he did every time.

First, he helped Ciel stand and wiped the sick from his face, using his thumb to stroke his bottom lip while his left hand untied his eyepatch, "You are outside of the cage, Ciel."

Sebastian then picked his mate up and held him close, feeling Ciel's short, panicked breaths become longer and deeper as he realized that he was safe