Chapter 10

Katsuki groaned when his phone alarm clock reached his ears. He buried his face in his pillow, letting it run its course. It stopped after a minute and he sighed into the fabric relieved, and began to doze off again.

Not even two minutes later the high pitched frequency disturbed him again and he cursed, getting up and tapping its screen to finally get it to shut up.

He yawned, scratching his scalp when his eyes flung open.

He's going on a 'date' with Kirishima today.

He quickly took a shower and brushed his teeth, running his fingers through his hair as he did so. He then scrounged through his closet and groaned in annoyance. All he had was t-shirts, sweatpants, and hoodies, and even those were limited.

With a grunt, he pulled out black joggers and a white t-shirt. He thought for a moment before touching the window to find it cold so he pulled a black hoodie over his head.

With a nervous sigh, he grabbed his phone and keys, made sure he looked presentable enough to go anywhere and that's when he noticed how tired he looked.

His skin was its usual ghosty pale but the bags under his eyes had gotten darker, and his posture was awfully slouched. He shook his head, trying to rid of any insecurities he had because this was Kirishima. The one who saw him break down multiple times, bit him, and still decided to befriend and help him, even if he did ghost Katsuki for two years.

Bakugou flinched at the thought. 'Two years....' He frowned when he locked his apartment, his brows face hardening neutral. 'I wonder....did he forget about me in that span of time? Did he find someone else to fill his thoughts? Does he think I was just another patient? Did he even think of me as a friend back then? Was...Am I even special to him?'

Katsuki didn't want to think about those possibilities. Hell, he didn't even think Eijirou was even gay. He mentally smacked himself for letting his guard down, for leading himself into something out of reach. For blindly falling in love with a man he barely knows about. He hated himself for being so naive and selfish and stupid because he knows he's not mentally or emotionally prepared to get hurt like that. He didn't know what he'd do when Eijirou rejects him.

His gaze lingered at the sky. It was a bright blue with tiny puffy clouds and the sun shown warmly even if the cold nipped at his nose. Though he felt...empty. Maybe overthinking about every possibility that could happen wasn't a very good idea.

He didn't like the fact that he just now realized his mistake when he was about to hang out with the one who caused it. But maybe it was too far of a stretch to call it love. Maybe it was just a simple crush, a fascination and admiration of someone who's important to him.

"Ka-Kacchan?!" he heard. His eyes instinctively looked over to who ever called him. His eyes widened slightly, surprised yet kind of...dreadful.

Deku was in a plain pastel sweater with black jeans and red trainers that looked too similar to the ones he wore as a kid. His green hair was as messy as ever and his face seemed too childish to be an adult. He was still very short but Katsuki could tell he had a growth spurt from between middle school and now.

"Deku..." he said plainly. He didn't feel...any hatred or anger towards him but rather...jealousy and inferiority. "Long time."

"Ye-yeah... how-how are you? Are you feeling-erm..." he fidgeted with his hands nervously as he looked to the side. He was still as annoying as ever. Katsuki smirked a bit before facing his whole body towards him.

"How's the office? How many crazy bastards did you help eh?" Bakugou said, trying to start a conversation even though he didn't want to. Bakugou still disliked him, but he's not gonna put his negative feelings into words or actions. He knows how dangerous that might be.

Deku looked at him pleasantly surprised, blinking for a moment before a happy smile graced his features. What he didn't expect was the guy to hug him out of nowhere.

"You-You don't hate me anymore?! Are we friends now?! Do you finally consider me as a friend?!" he asked as Katsuki tried to process what the hell was happening.

"Get the fuck off of me you little cunt!" Bakugou shoved his arms away and stumbled back with a glare. Deku blinked for a moment before he gasped in embarrassment.

"Oh heck I'm sorry please forgive me!" He clasped his hands together as he squeezed his eyes shut. "I forgot about personal space and you probably don't even think of me as a friend! Please don't hurt me!" he squeaked, flinching back and Katsuki just stared dumbfounded.

"How the hell are you a therapist?" Bakugou scoffed, brushing himself off.

"How'd you—"

"One of your little minions was my therapist in the hellhole I was forced into. Got me out too, the little bastard." He shrugged indifferently as he stared at the sky. "I still dislike you, but I'm not stupid or heartless enough to hurt you when you meant no harm dumbass." He sighed before turning his back. "I have to go. Knowing you, you'd probably stalk me again," he joked, a short chuckle bubbling in his throat as he flicked him off, but he could feel the little shit's smile.

"It's good to see you again Kacchan!"

"Wish I could say likewise, loser," he muttered to himself.

He turned the corner to see the person he's been waiting on; Kirishima Eijirou.

      He could feel his heart speed up and sweat accumulated in his palms. He was mentally panicking but his heart thumped with excitement.

     "Oi," Bakugou grunted, trying to keep a grin from forming on his face. Kirishima looked up from his phone and smiled, his hand gesturing a small wave.

     "Good morning!" he chirped and damn just hearing his voice made Katsuki want to run away from being flustered.

     "Thi-This better be worth taking off," Katsuki murmured, straightening his arms and pressing his hands deeper in his pockets.

"Nah don't worry, it will. I promise," Eijirou said, walking and Bakugou falling into step with him.

_______________________________________

Next chapter is epilogue and I'm proud.

Published January 25 2020
Edited December 16 2022