v. being tough isn't all that great

CHAPTER FIVE
[ v. being tough isn't all that great ]
/ IRL & TEXTING /

ANNIE LEONHART'S EYES widened as she heard a familiar scream not to far away from Eren's house. "We need to go after him!" Annie shrieked as she ran towards the door.

"No!" Connie shouted as he ran after her. He grabbed her wrist and stopped her from touching the doorknob. Annie kept quickly glancing at him then to the group. She started shaking her head then dropped to the ground.

"This isn't real. This isn't real," she kept repeating softly to herself. Tears started steaming down her face and she looked up at the teenagers who were conflicted. "I-I don't know where my parents are. I don't know where my sister is. I'm alone! And I'm gonna die, just like Jean! Eren-" Annie stopped herself, but just carried on crying. She was no where near how Eren felt.

Eren felt sick to his stomach. Him being the reason of an innocent life dying. He was to blame, and he'll have to live with that for the rest of his life. Well, if he lives to be that old.

/TEXTING/

( to everyone )

unknown number: I suggest from now on, nobody leaves this house unless I
tell you to. You may be asking about your relatives.

unknown number: To sum it up, you're in a game. Your family
members don't even know you exist. But, when one of you win, everything will go
back to normal. But you'll have to remember it for the rest of your life.

unknown number: You all play by MY rules! Nobody used to listen to me, they
will now. I wish you all the best of luck.

They all finished reading the texts they got. "My sister?" Armin asked hesitantly, puzzled. "Wait, so if I die, will she remember me?" Hanji's eyes went wide and they looked at the others, wanting to hear an answer. Because truthfully, they missed their brother, they don't know if they'll ever see him again. "Please! Someone tell me!" Armin pleaded loudly, tearing up.

"I-I don't know!" Eren cried back. Petra huffed and sat down on the chair, next to Ymir, who was trying to think of who was possibly behind this.

"So, we can't leave?" Petra questioned, Ymir shook her head. "Dammit, I need a smoke."

"You're like seventeen." Hanji sighed, secretly ridiculing her.

"So?" Petra questioned as she got up from the chair and walked towards them. "I don't give a shit."

"I don't care if you give a shit or not. You're an immature try hard." Petra chuckled at Hanji's statement because she knew they were right.

"Guys," Connie cut in as he tried to handle the situation, "we can't be fighting right now."

"This isn't a fight. But it can be." Petra cocked her head to the side, a mischievous grin on her face, making Hanji roll their eyes.

"What are we doing?!" Sasha shrieked loudly. "My friend just got murdered, someone is laying on the floor, crying I might add, someone is still recovering from not drowning, and two idiots are over here fighting about a cigarette!" Sasha let out a breathy scoff, "And we don't know if we'll even make it out alive. Do you see this?" She points to the thick, black mark on her wrist. "That's one life. Yeah, we've always had one life, but we can't live that life anymore. We need to survive. I don't wanna die, I don't. Jean . . . he didn't deserve that, nobody does. So, we need to figure out a way for everyone to survive, and finish the game." When Sasha stopped, tears were steaming down her face, making everyone's hearts break, especially her boyfriends.