Maddy

Side effect 3 #self love

Chapter 10

Maddy sat quietly, anxiously glancing at Evan. Hoping that he will wake up. The motorcycle crashed straight into a wall. If only she knew that he would do this. She should have known that he would be wrecked with guilt, she saw how tortured he was that night at the beach but she wanted him to feel the same devastating sense of loss.Now he was in a coma with a serious head injury. She  felt responsible, furious at him for being so selfish. Maddy also had to face, that this was probably how he felt, when she tried to commit suicide, that night. The doctors tried their best to save him but the damage was so extensive only time will tell if Evan is going to survive. She is wrecked with guilt, when she observes how a normally perky auntie Gwen sits with her head bent down and her shoulders sagging, looking weary as if she is carrying the weight of the whole world. Auntie Gwen have always been sweet and kind, welcoming her with open arms into their family. She has always been supportive. Someone that Maddy could talk too and now she was in pain, not knowing if her only child is going to survive tonight.Uncle Gary was a sitting next to her looking sad and uncertain. Uncle Gary with the easy laugh, now looked grim. Lee was standing alone in the corner of the room. He looked pensive lost in his thoughts. Despite her feelings of guilt, she felt the pull to go into Lee's arms, to be close to him. She dampened the urge because she realized that she needs distance from Lee. Her time with him has been so healing but she had to protect her heart. Lee has never talked about them being together and she could not afford, any more heartbreak. Before it was too late, she knows that she has to end, whatever this is, with Lee tonight. Determined she walked to him. "Can we talk." He nods his head and follows her outside to the parking area. "I am moving back to Grandma Rose's house tonight. I dont we should you know...,be hooking up anymore." Lee suddenly looks at her anger making his eyes blaze. "You want Evan." His hands formed a fist and his faciale expression looked tense and for a moment Maddy was afraid that Lee is going to scream at her. Instead like the curtains that close on stage after a play. His expression changed back to normal. Without saying anything he climbed into the car waiting for her to climb in.

Maddy slammed the car door when they arrived at the house. She felt fury bubbling inside of her at Lee not saying anything to stop her from leaving. She knew that for him this was not a relationship but to shut down like this and not care. He made her feel like an insignificant speck of dust. She needed to fight with him. Too see if there was anything more to Lee, than this serenity that he exudes to the world. The rich young playboy with his big mansion and fancy cars. Always living in the fast lane. 'Do you even care that I want to leave.' She beated her fist against his chest. 'Am I just another one night stand, that overstayed her welcome.' she whimpered the words, pain laced in every word. Silence no words came from him. He looked at her and stroked her cheek, tracing her jaw line with his finger. He gently pushed her away from him leaving Maddy alone in the dark.

Maddy ran towards the city golf waiting for her outside. She felt like the world is on her shoulders. 'St Mary' s hospital. ' the driver asked. She nodded, she felt that her cheeks were suddenly wet with tears. She wanted to stop crying but the stupid tears just wouldn't stop. Lee had taken her back to Grandma Rose' s house without uttering one word. Racing away as soon as she climbed out barely muttering goodbye. Maddy didn't know why she felt so sad. She knew that this couldn't mean anything but her stupid heart wanted it to be more.And now she couldn't stop crying. The driver gave her a tissue. 'Are you ockay, he asked concerned.' Maddy just nodded her head, embarrassed that a stranger is seeing her cry. She wiped her tears away determined to hide her pain and heartbreak from the world. Nobody will ever know that Lee Matthews broke her heart. He will never know that she had fallen for him, besides she had to focus on being there for Evan's family now. Determined she climbed out if the taxi and walked down the hallway towards aunty Gwen and uncle Gary. They were sitting next to Evan's hospital bed. 'Hi, Maddy said. They smiled at her entering the room. Maddy takes Evan' s right hand praying, promising that she would devote her life to Evan if he could only wake up. Her eyes still closed she hears Aunty Gwen gasping. She opened her eyes and felt pressure on her hand. Evan gently squeezed her hand. Looking up she could she his dark brown eyes. He had tears in his eyes. 'Maddy,' he croaked. His voice barely audible....

Epiloque
Lee switched of his car lights. Devastated his shoulders are sagging with grief knowing, that he has just lost the love of his love. Maddy will always be the girl that holds his heart, but he couldnt bind her to him. He couldn't burden her with this deep, everlasting feeling of forever love. The kind that just flows through your body, like blood. The kind of love that will never go away, no matter how hard you try to stop loving her. He had to let her go.She still loves Evan and for her it couldn't  be the same. She is too young, too innocent to understand the difference between the love of a boy and the love of a man. So he did the hardest thing, he had to do and lost Maddy, letting her believe that he doesn't love her when in reality Maddy is the beginning and end of his horizon...