Chapter 20

Karma's P.O.V

Grief, fear and pain is all I could see as I turned to look around my remaining body guards who could still move their limbs. They were scared and in anguish, we all were but not for the same reason.

Few hours earlier

Everything was going smoothly, we had got him rounded up before he could even put up a fight, detained him in an interrogation room in karusuma-sensei's  facility, everything was within my calculation or so I thought. I began to have an uncomfortable feeling that something would go wrong but I just shook it off thinking that there was nothing he could do in his current state but boy was I wrong.

We were cursing, shouting down at him while he just sat there with a completely unapologetic face, he looked positively unbothered that he was detained. I guess I could have started to at least suspect that something was wrong but I was too strung up by emotions to care till he casually got up free of his binds and stretched. I didn't shake in fear either because my body guards were already in the room, guns raised and aimed on all his vital points he was surrounded and nagisa was right behind me, I was so confident till he said one word.

"Comply" and suddenly half of my body guards were on the ground and the worst part was that all of that was done by nagisa.

He beat everyone, everyone within an inch of their life and just stood there like a doll waiting for orders from his master and boy did he deliver as he suddenly lunged for me like there was no tomorrow, delivery jabs, kicks and punches like it was nothing. He barely had any expression on his face as he kept attacking me with murderous intent till I could barely feel it.

He kept throwing blows that would knock me out if i didn't block them but for some reason they began to lack power. His moves were vicious his jabs and posture excellent but I could tell by merely looking that he wasn't putting any power in them. He put on a great show for asano who didn't know him like I did and locked eyes with me the second we got into a headlock and I could just tell that he wasn't there.

His body was moving like a well oiled machine , perfectly aiming for all my vital points and weakness but I knew he wasn't in control for he still wasn't there meaning he was hypnothized. He was like a puppet who was being forced to dance by his master and it pained me to see him like that so I went to reach for him but the moment I did  I heared a gun shot in the distance. Blinded by my need to help, to save him i still reached out for him like a mad man only to realize that there was a hole very close to my heart.

I staggered as I began to feel unimaginable pain spread through my whole body. It was so painful that it brought me to my kness, I was in pain not just because of the gun but because I could not save him. The gun was fired by asano and nagisa moved  to deliver the final blow till Asano stopped him and told him to let me rot.

I looked at him one last time and saw a tear at the corner of his eyes, his eyes were full of so much sorrow, devastation and  grief but it left as soon as I saw it and was replaced by an unemotional mask.

***
A.N- Don't forget to vote and comment people😘