Chapter 5: Rope Climb {Glimmer}

The slot machine finally stopped on MZ's face. Confetti and fireworks flew out of the machine while the word "Guilty" flashed.

"Correct!" Herobrine grinned madly. "MZ killed Amber!"

Everyone else stared at MZ in shock. Her eyes were full of tears. Glimmer also wanted to cry; she just decided the fate of one of her friends.

"W-why would you kill her?" Andrew asked incredulously.

MZ looked at the ground. "I-I just wanted to go home." She looked up again. "Okay? There's your answer: I just wanted to leave! Everyone here does!" She was yelling at the end.

"Not enough to murder someone!" VC shot back.

"I missed my parents, okay? Sue me!" MZ screamed. Glimmer realized how young MZ sounded.

"MZ?" Glimmer asked. "How old are you?"

"I'm only 12! I'm the youngest here!"

Ty looked at the youngest girl in shock. "You'd still only be in middle school! How'd you get here?"

"That doesn't matter." Gelly said. "Weren't you the one who was saying how we all could escape together?"

"It dwelled on me for the rest of the day. I was really homesick." Tears were running down her face now.

"Well, isn't that enough waiting?" Herobrine started.

"No, no." MZ started muttering.

"It's now time for the long awaited first execution!" Herobrine shouted with glee. He then pushed a button, and a little screen appeared. MZ's sprite came up. A Herobrine sprite walked on screen; when it passed MZ, it started dragging her with it, until they walked off screen.

MZgaming has been found guilty.
Preparing execution.

. : Rope Climb : .

MZ stood on a platform over lava, a rope in front of her. A GlaDos voice started counting down. "Platform retracting in 10 seconds."

MZ panicked and grabbed the rope. She started to pull herself up, hand over hand. The platform finally retracted. MZ looked down. There's no going back, Glimmer thought.

MZ did well for a while. That was expected from her.

Suddenly, a spark from the lava hit the rope. Fire started to spread upwards towards the climbing girl. She must not have noticed this, since she continued climbing at the same pace.

The 14 others tried calling to her, trying to help her, but the room must've been soundproof. MZ didn't hear a word they yelled.

The fire finally caught up to her feet. She was dangling in the air with a fearful look on her face. The fire got to her hands. She yanked her hands back and fell.

Glimmer could never get the image or sound out of her head.