Chapter 4: Trial and Error {Tyler}

The 16- no, 15 students stood in the elevator, waiting for it to go down. Everyone stood awkwardly away from each other; everyone looked scared. It was hard to find the killer through their expression, as Tyler was trying to do. Maybe he couldn't conclude it though the murderer's expression, but he did have one piece of solid evidence.

The elevator finally started rumbling downwards into the earth. The steel box swayed and creaked the whole time, making Tyler nervous. He has always hated elevators, and the situation was not helping.

The creaking machine of death finally stopped; its doors opening to a large room. It was another classroom, only this time the desks were arranged in a circle. There were, of course, chairs at the desks, which Tyler was thankful for, since he didn't know how long this would take.

The wallpaper was blue with little bubbles on them, which Tyler found ironic. Maybe it was supposed to be that way, but he would never know.

Andrew and Sky both looked uncomfortable as Amber's picture was next to them. The picture was in gray-scale with a pink X over her face.

"Okay! Let's get this trial started! The rules are simple. Figure out who the culprit is and single them out! Guess right: the culprit is executed in a special way. Guess wrong: everyone except the murderer is executed. There are no limitations as to what evidence you can present. Let the classroom trial begin!" Herobrine smiled and sat down on the throne in the room.

"I have a question." Skye, who was in between Sky and Tyler, started and pointed to Amber's picture. "Why is that there?"

"Well, I couldn't leave her out on her own trial now could I?"

"Whatever. Let's just get this started." Gelly- in front of Herobrine and in between Jerome and Brice- interrupted.

"It's obvious who the culprit is." Glimmer, in between Tyler and Seto, started. She pointed at Dragon. "Dragon's obviously the culprit. Amber was murdered in her bathroom." She accused.

"I didn't do anything!" Dragon shot back. "Just because she was murdered in my room doesn't mean anything."

"It's true; she definitely didn't do it." Skye agreed. "I've been hanging out with her ever since the night alarm went off." She yawned, causing everyone else to yawn. It was really late, and as everyone knows: yawning's contagious.

"Do you know how dangerous that would've been?" Sky asked.

Skye scratched the back of her neck. "I know. It's just that I was scared, and so was Dragon. I could trust her. She was really jumpy."

VC said, "Sometimes the jumpiest people are the ones who will murder." Skye just hung her head in shame.

"Moving on, Skye and Dragon both have alibis, and the time of death was around 10:05. Did you guys hear anything in the bathroom?"

Dragon shook her head. "It was completely silent, other than Skye cracking jokes and me giggling."

Andrew furrowed his eyebrows. "Did you guys go in at the alarm?"

"We were there even before it went off." Dragon looked scared. They were nowhere closer to the culprit than they were when the trial started.

Em also looked confused. "How did you not hear the water running or any signs of struggle from Amber?"

Skye looked up and shrugged. "I don't know, maybe the water was drawn before we walked in. Amber also could've been knocked out before she was finally killed."

"But there was no blood on the body. If she was knocked out, there would probably be blood on her head." Mitch claimed.

"How about I propose a theory?" Jerome started. "Amber may not have been initially killed in Dragon's room."

"How is that?" VC asked.

"The culprit may have drowned her in their room and carried her through the air ducts."

"That way we would never know if they entered my room!" Dragon exclaimed.

"Now we know how she got into Dragon's room. Now we need to figure out who did it." Andrew concluded.

Tyler smirked. "Allow me to present to you this piece of evidence." He pulled out the thing he was holding in his pocket. MZ's hairpiece. "MZ, isn't this yours?"

MZ looked up aghast. "Yeah, that's mine."

Glimmer stared at MZ. "Why was it in Dragon's room?"

MZ started to shiver nervously. "I-I don't know. I didn't put it there."

"MZ, if you did it, you should just tell us." Jerome said.

"Well!" Herobrine interrupted. "That's enough trial for one night. It's time to vote on the culprit."

Punch pads suddenly appeared on the desks. There was a button with each person's name on it.

"Okay, it looks like everyone voted. Now it's time to see your fate!" Herobrine pulled a lever that hadn't been there before. It opened up a hole in the floor, and a slot machine came out. It had each of the student's face on it. The machine started up, its slots moving faster and faster.