Chapter 6: Rewarded {Sky}

Sky could not get MZ's screams out of his mind. As a result, he had gotten no sleep the night, or morning, after.

Maybe that's why everyone was silent at breakfast. They were tired and depressed. At least, that's how Sky felt. Everyone just stared at their food, not really eating. Sky was sure everyone was starving, but no one wanted to eat.

"Really?" Herobrine was suddenly sitting next to Gelly, who fell out of her seat the moment Herobrine spoke.

"What do you want Herobrine?" Jerome growled as Seto helped Gelly up.

"I want nothing, but you might want to check out the new floor that I opened." Herobrine smirked.

"Excuse me?" Glimmer asked.

"You heard me correctly. For surviving the trial, you get to explore a new floor!"

"What makes you think we'll explore it?" Ty retaliated.

"Because, there might be a way to escape~" Herobrine said and then vanished in a little puff of smoke.

"Did he just say a way to escape?" Em had excitement in her voice.

"What are we waiting for!" Ty ran out of the room with Mitch, Em, and VC.

Gelly shook her head. "They have too much energy." She walked out while talking to Dragon about music genres.

In pairs, everyone left the cafeteria. Sky ultimately left with Skye, ironically enough. They were talking about various things, with Skye making puns about pretty much everything. They arrived at the staircase about five minutes after.

Sky was astonished that the shutter that was previously blocking the stairs had been risen up. The stairs were now free to be used.

"Is this really happening?" Dragon asked, still skeptical about this whole thing.

"We can only find out if we go up." VC headed up the stairs. Everyone followed, and soon it was Sky, Gelly, and Andrew.

"This is probably a trap." Andrew studied the staircase.

"It's probably not a trap." Gelly had her arms crossed. "There probably is just no way out, right?" She sighed. "Maybe we're just overlooking this." She turned to the two and smiled. "We can at least hope for the best." She turned and walked up the stairs.

-=-

"This is hopeless." Glimmer muttered as she, Sky, and Em walked through the hallways.

"I knew there was no way out on this floor." Sky sighed. "At least we don't have to be stuck on the first floor right?"

"We should meet up with the others and look at the rooms." Em said. Glimmer and Sky nodded and went off to find the others.

-=-

"What's in this room?" Dragon asked as she pushed open the door. Inside was a rectangular stage and theater chairs neatly arranged in rows. "It looks like an auditorium."

"Really?" Gelly elbowed her way to the front of the crowd. "Oo, there's a piano." She walked quickly onto the stage while everyone else followed at a slower pace. She played a few notes and then scrunched her nose. "Ew," she turned to everyone else, "This is really out of tune."

"Really?" Glimmer asked. "It sounded fine to me." Gelly just shook her head and walked off the stage.

They wandered to the next room, the art room. There walls were splattered with paint, as if paint was thrown around the room. The easels were empty; the tables had cups full of paintbrushes on them. Markers, crayons, and colored pencils were in drawers along the wall. Brice seemed interested in this room but never went in.

"I'm pretty sure this is the drama room." Glimmer explained as she walked in. There were no desks, and the chairs were arranged in a circle. A clothes rack hung to the side, filled with costumes. Scripts upon scripts were stacked in the bookshelf, and the walls had various play posters plastered at random. "You see, the students all sit in a circle. Every time someone has to present, they had to stand in the center." With that, the group walked out.

Andrew opened the door and immediately muttered, "...Music Room." It was true. The floor had varying degrees of elevation, each level about 4 feet in width. The top level had cabinets, probably for storing instruments. The next 2 levels had chairs on them. The final level had the conductor's stand. The blackboard along the wall had staff lines on them. Trophies filled the shelves, and there was a closet in the back. Seto counted the instruments in the cabinets while Tyler read the inventory sheet posted on the wall. "There's one of every instrument missing." Seto reported.

"They're probably in my room." Gelly stated, a light blush on her face.

"Really?" Andrew asked as he titled his head. "Did you put them there?"

Gelly glared at the Martial Artist. "If you think I'm behind all this nonsense, I'm not. The rooms are all customized to the person's talent. I'm a musician, so it's natural to have instruments in my dorm."

"Let's move on before we start arguing." Sky nervously laughed.

The final room was a dance studio. Mirrors lined the walls, and bars were lined up on the wall farthest from the wall.

"So there really was no way out..." VC muttered defeatedly.

"Don't sound so sad." Ty smiled. "Maybe the way out is just more hidden than we thought."

"One can only hope, right?" Glimmer smiled as well.