ii

I used the force to pull him towards me, but instead of attacking, I dodged him, and rolled behind him, kneeling on the ground with my blade extended out to the right.

I was panting, tears brimmed my eyes, but they didn't fall, my heart betrayed me, yet my brain stayed on the defensive, keeping him out.

Soon, the sound of his lightsaber powering off echoed the enormous room, I powered mine off as well and stood up. The next thing I heard, was the hissing noise, then something pretty hard falling to the ground.

I sensed his gaze upon my back, "I know that if you don't stop playing coward, you'd be forced to kill me" I said, my voice began to lace with emotion, "I know that the man I love is still in there somewhere"

I could sense the confliction in him.

I turned around and looked at him, that was when I realized, he took off his mask, his brown eyes boring into my green ones, "These past six years, I have lived in agony, in pain, because I thought I lost the love of my life, that I lost the only man who would never intentionally physically harm me"

His eyes held pain, it could be because I was projecting my pain onto him.

"Did I ever tell you the reason why I wanted to become a Jedi?" I asked

He said nothing.

"My father was a drunk, and an abuser. When he was sober, he'd hit my mother and I, when he was drunk, he'd hit my mother and I, but to a much worse extent" I said, "When you asked about the scar on my stomach, I lied and said that I had fallen when I was much younger. When actually my father used a sword and cut me, he was sober"

"When you asked me about my scar on my thigh, I lied and said it was a swimming incident, it was actually from glass, a wine glass that my father broke and cut me with" I said

"I became a Jedi to protect my mother, but what I didn't know, was when I left, he did much worse things to her. Once I got back those six years ago, I noticed all of the cuts, bruises, scratches, and burn marks on her" I finished

"The amount of pain my father inflicted on me could never live up to the pain you've caused me" I said lower I fell to my knees, dropping my saber to my side

"So here's your one and only chance Kylo Ren, strike me down, kill me, so that one day I don't have to fight you, to run and hide from you" I said and looked at him

He said and did nothing. He stood there, clearly shocked at what I said. His eyebrows furrowed, his own emotions becoming scrambled up.

I saw the pain in his eyes, and this time, it was his pain, I was no longer projecting my pain onto him.

He looked at his weapon, then back at me, then to the ground where his mask sat, looking up at him as if reminding him who he was, who he had become.

He reached down and grabbed his mask, putting it on and looking at me, without saying a word, he began to walk to me.

I closed my eyes, and prepared for my end, for the oh so courageous death I've awaited for. The death of a Jedi, the death of The Last Jedi.

I waited for what seemed like an eternity, the only thing I felt, was wind passing by me, then the material of a cloak passing by me.

My eyes widened as I looked in front of me, he was no longer there. I quietly turned to see him walking out of the room, and soon feel our connection get weaker, the father he got.

I let out a breath that I didn't know I was even holding in. The tears that were in my eyes finally fell violently down my cheeks.

My breathing became erratic, my chest grew tight, and I began to tremble. I knew what these things meant, I was having a panic attack.