Chapter 1

This story begins in the Ultimate World of Smash, (Smash Bros. Ultimate) also known as the World of Light, or the 5th World. All the fighters had just transitioned from the Fourth World (Sm4sh) for a new tournament, with some old faces, and some new ones. As they battle and train throughout their time in the Smash Universe, created by the mysterious Master Hand, they discover that living in This World isn't all about fighting, and they start to develop new friendships and rivalries, and everyone works together in the toughest or simplest of situations.... But they don't have to like it! After their experiences in the World of Melee and the World of Brawl, they take on a new world! Here, we see the fighters' life in the Ultimate World, whether they're fighting or not.

This story takes place in the so-called Smash Mansion, where the fighters reside.

________________________________________________________________________________

Samus, in her infamous Power Suit had just finished training for the new tournament. She decides to head to the kitchen to grab herself milkshake for all her hard work. She HAD to anyway! I mean, her two worst enemies, Ridley and her doppelgänger Dark Samus had joined, which meant life for her in the Ultimate World had just gotten serious. Those two were screwing with her, like, every day. If some space alien... um... pirate thing had killed your poor parents AND showed up in your life AGAIN to put up a fight, you'd practically want to chomp on Ben and Jerry's ice cream every day! However, she had tried to drown her sorrows in milkshake, which seemed to work. Samus had been doing it ever since. And yes. It was a weird habit. But then again, everyone in the This World was a little nuts! But it would have to be a tie between Wario, Bowser Jr, and the Koopalings to be the nuttiest.

She was pouring herself a blueberry flavour one this time. Very convenient. Unfortunately, she was interrupted when all of a sudden, a fat, slimy fish was slammed onto the table out of nowhere, causing her to almost knock over her glass.

"Ugh!" she groaned, and backed away.

She then looked up and saw that Captain Olimar, and PSI user Ness and a few pikmin were dressed as if they'd gone fishing. Well DUH, what with the giant mackerel they'd showed off in front of Samus' face, of course they'd been fishing at Tortimer Island.

"Are we men? Or aren't we men?" Olimar boasted and looked at Ness, patting his back. "We're men, alright!" Ness announced. "and these fish will be pucker when we fry them up!" Ness emphasized his point by dangling the other two remaining fish on their fishing rod in front of the galactic bounty hunter, who rolled her eyes at them. Like she really cared about mackerel.

"A touch of tartae sauce should do it!" Olimar added, while one of his pikmin placed a container on the table.

Samus decided to give these two a piece of her mind. How could these two POSSIBLY have time for fishing, when they're in the middle of the ULTIMATE tournament and training and sparring is what they should be doing?! She slapped the fishes out of her face and hissed, "There's a time for fishing and a time for training! Right now, you two should be training, unless you want to have your butts whooped."

"Pfft, Samus, you're soo serious sometimes. Cut some slack! You're no fun when you're training all the time!" Ness said, using his PSI powers to make a fiery spark flicker on his fingertip.

Samus didn't respond; she gave a huge eye roll and made her drink. That's when newcomer Princess Daisy of Sarasaland walked in, and spotted the patterned tin that the Olimar's pikmin put on the table. Daisy, is Princess Peach of the Mushroom Kingdom's best friend and is rather tomboyish and bossy, but she has a good heart. In fact, she is Peach's echo, so Daisy has to practice and use all of Peach's moves when fighting in the tourney, but in her own way.

"Candy! Excellent!" she smirked and grabbed the container off the table to open.

"Woah, woah woah! They're not what you think!" Olimar intervened and took the container off the flower Princess.

Daisy huffed and rolled her eyes. Daisy has a rather passionate nature, unlike Peach who seems to be always humble. She put her hands on her hips and said,

"Olly, it's a Candy tin! Have you ever heard the expression, 'If it looks like a toad, it's a toad?'"

Olimar slyly and slowly opened the "candy tin" to reveal that it was full of live maggots that he and Ness used for fishing, much to Daisy and Samus's disgust.

"ARRGH! Eurgh! Gross!" they both screamed and backed away.

Olimar and Ness had a good laugh at the both of them, while the explorer put the creepy crawlies in the oversized refrigerator.

And that's just one of the things that happen when no one's fighting or training in This World. Not always, though. I mean, you see people like Cloud Strife or Incineroar fighting to their hearts content. Well, Incineroar fights for FUN. It can't help it! That new Pokemon turns EVERYTHING into a fight! Well, actually, it's a wrestler, so... what do you expect? Anyway, back to our story....

Though disgusted, Daisy and Samus eventually regained their composures and acted like nothing had happened there. Samus carried on drinking her blueberry milkshake, and Daisy just casually leaned against the wall awkwardly.

After a few moments, the Mansion phone started ringing. The ringtone was rather catchy; it was basically the beginning of the song, Lifelight, in repeat, except the tone had a rather "Twinkle, Twinkle, Star" motif to it. Something that a person like Bowser wouldn't get used to. It sounded like a baby's mobile. The phone kept on ringing, however, Samus and Daisy just carried on as if it wasn't ringing at all. They knew who it was that was ringing. They just didn't want to go with through all the drama and fuss.

That's when Captain Olimar spoke up though the noise.

"Ummm... isn't anyone gonna answer that?"

"NO!" Samus, Daisy and Ness exclaimed in unison. Daisy and Ness said it in a rather angry tone, but Samus just said it casually.

It was obviously one of Villager's girlfriends that was ringing, Petal. When Villager had met her, and told his secretary and all the other fighters about it, it was all "OMG! It was love at first sight! We meant to be!" Yadda, yadda yadda and all that mushy stuff. Everyone rolled their eyes, and pretended to feel happy for this guy. However, Isabelle pointed out that he already had ANOTHER girlfriend, Turnip. Then Villager got the idea of dating two of them at the same TIME, just to shake things up. He'd been at it for about 2 months, which is almost a record! I tell you, Villager may be a sneaky snake, like the agent himself, but this was rather dangerous. Well, in terms of dating and relationships. It was ADUTLTERY! Mario found this pretty surprising, as when Villager first joined The Fourth World, just because he was from the Animal Crossing Universe, everyone expected him to be all goody-goody and to fight fair. Which is definitely not the situation here.

"Ooh! I-a never thought we would-a see this side of-a you, Villager!" Mario had remarked.

Well, we were going to see more of this side of him soon...

Disclaimer: SMASH DOES NOT BELONG TO MEH.