Two

Lylia was soon asleep in my sholder as I drove to Hally's house. My best friend. Well one of them anyways. I shifted lylia onto the seat and turned on some tunes. It was Mayday parade, one of my all time favorite bands, though sadly the song was ending. It was soon changed to "whistle" but Flo Rida, let me tell you that song like dirtier than it should be! Was the moment, with my shot nerves, I needed a catchy toon. So I sang along.

Lylia woke up to the sound if my voice and laughed. Knowing I hated this song, she soon sang along. Her voice ruffer And scratchier than mine, like.......Dad's. Tears well cuz but I so my best to force them down. Lylia could read my emotions was if I was spillin my guts to her. It was one if her many talents, when I was pms-ing or was bullied at school. She would come bouncing into my room and make me laugh till it was too painful. So there was An awkward silence then in the car. Desperate to change the mood. I flipped the chanel to 94.1 K-LOVE, a station I turned up all the way to get everyone up while I made breakfast. Usually just eggs,toast, and some waffles. The first song we heard was 10,000 reasons. One of my all time favs! I sang soprano while Lylia sang alto. We then pulled into Hally's driveway. She was outside, as if waiting for us. Smoking a cigerete was if it was nothing. She was legally 18, so she could smoke freely.

 I got out of the car and jogged to the porch steps, Hally's hazel eyes watched my every move like a panther. When I reached her porch I just kinda laid back on the railing and shurgged shyly at her. This was the first time I really needed a favor from her, I wasn't gonna be enthusiastic about it! She could damn well tell something was wrong. I could see it in her face. She took an irriatatingly slow time finishiing her cigerete. When she did, she invited me in. I could honestly read her like a book, she would just flicker her eyes to the door, I took that meaning as a "go-on-in!" she was probably like "Go-ahead."

   I ran back and opened Lylia's door, careful not to disturb her, I lifted her up and carried her to the couch. Tiredly I ploped down on the seat in front of her and prayed over her body..

   Dear Lord, please watch over Lylia bless her with peace and the cursed "Memory-lost" kinda thing. Lead her not to temptation and help me keep control. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

I thought about how Lylia, how she could read people so easily that it was scary! Everytime I was either PMS-ing or had a really bad day. She would come bouncing into the room, lighting it up with just a smile. She wouls make me laugh by doing the silliest things. She always made me feels so special.  Funny huh? Me being the older sister, supposily the "weak willed" one. I honestly can tell you that I have no idea what I would do without her. Now, it was time that I showed my strength, to act like the older sister. I need to protect her and care for her. No way was I letting Lylia go back to that house, not even if Dwane Johnson went with her. I am so scared for her, I almost wish he did hit me, so I can prove that I'm willing to do anything for her. I quietly stroked her hair, my little sister. So young and niave. Her whole future could be crush in an instant.

  I could see Hally over by the door, shuting it quietly. Trying not to disturb me. Pity, patience, and kindness were all mixed in those hazel eyes, which were now turning chocolate brown due to the lighting. she came over quietly, took my hand, and led me outside. She turned to face me, leadership taking control. She may be two years older, but we were both Sophmores. She failed a couple times due to math problems that she hated. I was one of the few people who knew her to be truely smart. Wise even.

  "Something's on your mind. Wanna talk about it?" She started, her nose ring glimmering

  "He tried to hit her."

  "Holy Shit! What happened?!"

 " I'm honestly not sure, I just walked in from work and I heard commotion and saw his hand raised to her. I went on instinct and too him down." She cracked a smile at that. " He tried to hit me, hesitated, then kicked up out."

 "I can tell you came from work, you looked pale when you got here, your colors returning slightly."

 "Thanks Dr. Hally!"

  "Oh shut up." I then sat down from exhaustion. I just wanted to curl up somewhere. Hally sat down beside me and hugged me. Then the tears came, softly but painfully.

  "Oh Hally I just can't lose her, she's my only sister. She's my rock. SHE'S the older, responsible one! Not I!

  "I know, I could tell by the way you were pryaing in there, pretty hard core stuff. Don't beat yourself on anything okay? She's a big girl, she knows things. She HANDLES things. Everythings gonna be just fine once things cool off and the steam is gone."

 "I just don't know anymore."

 "You will."

 "I don't want her in that house anymore."

Hally hesitated, then spoke. "Niall won't be back till Monday and it's thursday now. So You can stay as long as you want. I mean it, but you'd have to pay rent, and don't expect us to be all like...."

I didn't even let her finish when I threw my arms around her neck.

 "Thank you so much! Oh Hally!"

 "Don't get all mushy on me now! My life is doing good, thanks for asking! I live with the man of my dreams and I'm away from my family!"

   I remembered how Niall and Hally got together, they saw each other at a Simple Plan concert and it was love at first sight. Has been ever since.

  "Okay girl lets get to bed, we have school in the morning. Oh you need clothes don't you hmmmm."

  "I've got it covered, go ahead to bed. I'll just be right back."

  I got up and walked to my car, and looked at Hally. "You've got your moblie?'

  I flashed my Iphone at her, "Always" I replied

  "Be back soon Annabella. I mean it!"

  I groaned dramacticly "Okay Mother!"

  Hally smiled. Gotta Love her. I got into the car and drove off without another word.