Previous life : Part 4 : Bath

You took a warm bath and tried to relax. Afterall, you were able to cure most of your poisonings within a day, maybe this would be the one to finally do you in.

"My lady! Lord Chibi says you shouldn't be up!" Orchid worried as she washed your back, being sure to be careful around the opening of your wings.

You waved her off, knowing if you believed this poison would kill you, you'd send plenty of people into an early grave. Well, if Marianne was one of those people, you wouldn't mind too much.

"I'll be fine Orchid! Fetch me my clothes and help me dress, I'm still feeling a bit drowsy."

Orchid was hesitant to leave you alone, but did as she was told.

With a pained sigh, you watched as she exited the baths. Nausea plagued your body and pain wracked it as well. That poison had to have more than just Wakfu for it to be this potent. But what force was more effective than life energy itself?

"Enjoying your bath my queen?" There she was in all her glory, Marianne, standing at the entrance of the room.

You gave her a gentle smile instead of the growl you had first intended to.

It was going to be you playing on her mind, not the other way around.

"Yes, it's so relaxing after a few days on bedrest. But you have to tell me, just what did you put in the sacred wine? It was just to die for!"

Marianne physically shuddered at your words. She thought you didn't know who had poisoned you, but she was gravely mistaken. She underestimated the child of the gods.

"W-what do you mean my queen? It is high treason to tamper with the sacred wine." Her voiced waved with fear, just like you wanted to.

"So is attempted murder of the queen and seduction of a man in a relationship. But we can skim over the details. How about you tell me what you put in the sacred wine before you rot away in the dungeon?"

You had her cornered, knowing she had a knife hidden behind her back and attempted to seduce Yugo.

Oh how have the turned tables turned.

"I WAS THE ONE MEANT TO MARRY THE KING! EVER SINCE MY BIRTH THAT IS ALL I WISHED FOR!"

You shrugged. "I think you mean your parents but go ahead. Do tell."

"I BUILT UP MY LIFE TO BECOME THE PERFECT WOMAN FOR HIM, BEAUTY, GRACE, DELICACY, I DID IT ALL!"

"Marianne, that is rather pitiful, building your whole life up for a man. And out of title at that ..."

You stood from the bath and leaned down to pick up the towel at your side. You knew it left your back exposed but didn't care. Once Marianne was in the dungeon, you could torture her however you wanted, starting with the tongue of hers that spouted sultry things.

Marianne took the chance to run up to you with her knife raised above her head. You were able to dodge the first strike, wrapping the towel around your scaled figure, but the second sliced a bit of skin of your cheek.

You'd easily be able to heal it, but damn did it hurt like hell.

"HOW DARE YOU UTTER SUCH WORDS YOU HEATHEN! TRYING TO MARRY YOUR OWN BLOOD BROTHER!"

You quickly grabbed her by the neck and slammed her head and body against the tile of the ground. She just had to go and say that, maybe she really didn't want to live.

"I SWEAR TO THE HEAVENS WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS LIE WILL BURN BY MY HANDS!"

You summoned you claws and cut off a plentiful amount of hair that Marianne took her pride in.