Halo: A New War

Prologue:

New Covenant Council Court:

"Why do we have to keep working for the prophets? We are to form our own union and leave those who stay!"

One of the head elites spoke from the podium to the audience of angered covenant. Above in the stands, the following head council elites listen to his words. Some show the expression of disbelief, others nod at every word in agreement.

The large room capable of holding hundreds of covenant filled with complaint. Lights aimed at the golden elite expressing what he thinks should happen to the rest of them. The supreme white elite with an enlarged helmet stands watching the audience quiet down.

"We. We have stayed together. Protect one another, no one left behind. We follow the prophets for we not be covenant." all listen as the opposing gold elite listens in vain.

"We elites have separated once before, while the rest of you went with those dreaded brutes." The second head elite places his arms on the chairs ready to stand while the supreme held him down.

"The consequence of a separation will be the end of the covenant and end in war." The supreme walks over, moving the golden elite out of his way. Raising his voice, pushing one of the guards that walked over to him, he began his statement.

"All covenant are to now move to the back and divide the area. All covenant who, by their choice to stay with us, move to the right. All those who are to be against us, abandon and choose to be the enemy, move to the left. Now!!"

The troops were all taken back by what had been said. Slowly half the grunts, jackels and hunters moved to the right. Then there were those elites who chose to cross over to the left with the rest of the covenant. The supreme just nods at them all.

"So, this is who we are."

"From this day on!...the Covenant is no more!"

"Objection!" heads turn over to the standing Arbiter. He'd been watching from above the platform of the podium. Jumping down when saying his response, the council sit there in shock. The supreme growled in frustration.

"And who be the Arbiter to say he object?! The one who also wanted to give up there position. Pitiful."

The Arbiter swiftly went up to the supreme and held him by the neck.

"If no one be worthy to be Arbiter, why do you stand here not being qualified."

Elites guarding the plateform started going after the Arbiter as he held the supreme hostage. One thing they do not learn yet is, he never comes alone. Stopping the the guards, honor guards show themselves and attack the regular guards. Conflict rises on the platform and the council members start to panic.

"We are no Covenant, never as one. See your opponent and know there is no common!"

Taking out his energy sword the Arbiter stabs the supreme through the chest killing him on the spot.

Down in the audience, hunters growled and started shooting shots to the opposing side. A small out break started, the covenant divided, and a new war rises.

The Arbiter drops the supreme's body and does the same for the opposing council members. The rest of the guards had been killed as the conflict below continued. Three honor guards stand on each side of the Arbiter as he walks to the podium.

"This!...is!...war!!"

_________________

This was also the preview in Halo: Return of Master Chief.

Would appreciate votes and comments!

!!!!Halo forever!!!!