Chapter 3

"Listen up soldiers! we have a new mission and I will be your guide. First off, I need a team of five Spartans and or ODSTs."

All their heads raised with the awareness of what type of mission I am proclaiming. I had two men on mind who would be on the team, the others...they would have to prove they are worthy. Slowly nodding, I walk around the room analyzing their personalities. Most stood in position, ready for any order. Others watched everyone else, anticipating what the mission is about. Lastly, those who are cocky with their attitudes.

Not to mention, besides becoming a Spartan, I have moved up on the ranks making myself an officer. Most of these soldiers do not realize how important it is to follow my orders. Still needing to be recognized, I am well known with the higher ranks.

"Sir, where is the said mission? sir," one of the newer soldiers, a recruit, steps out of the line. His eyes of no fear, his stance expressing courage, just what I'm looking for. Turning around on the heel of my shoe, I walk up to the recruit. Standing about six foot two, he stood looking right into my eyes.

"What is your name, if I may ask" I knew he would have to respond to anything anyways, but just testing his discipline to politeness and cruelness is all the same.

"Sir, Private Tommy, sir." I was impressed by his initial behavior.

"This mission..., this mission is on a newly discovered Halo ring. Yes, you've heard me. Not only is it another for inner creation, BUT an enemy that would reach all your fears." some of them slightly turn their heads to the side. Nodding, I turn facing the door.

"You will all be set for training in three hours! The ones that are not required in this drill are... Chan.., Mickey...and Tommy!" from the corner of my eye, Tommy's head raised up looking surprised.

"That is all," and I walk down to the exit doors. Choosing Chan was something I had to do, not because he was one of our best, but he knew too much. Have to keep an eye on him at all times. Then, I chose Mickey...a good spirited soldier who would give up everything to save another life. He stayed as an ODST, but one of the head leaders.

The UNSC Leviathan II is much different from the Frigate. Twice the size, stronger, efficient and most of all...intimidating.

It consists of turrets on each side of the ship. Missile pods set up remotely from the launching bases. Most of the ships would be gray colored... The Leviathan II is a black ship with gray hints here and there. Making it harder to see in space and better for ambushes. Each soldier had their own room which only consisted of a bed that is cut from the stone walls, and holographic computers beside the beds.

After checking in with some of the other troop leaders and officials, I had decided to pay Mickey a visit. After all it's been a while since having a normal, non-rushed, conversation. Which reminds me. Where is Mickey's room? Up ahead in the hallway I had seen an old friend and asked if he knew where Mickey was. He shook his head, but guessed he'd be somewhere in the shooting ranges. Saying a thanks and goodbye I walked down the adjacent hallway to the shooting ranges.

"Sir, not to bother you, but where may I find launch bases?" a young looking man asked. Thinking for a moment on where my location I turn to the man. "Just in the direction where I'm heading, care to join?" he nods.

He seemed quite silent on the way down the halls. Haven't seen this man around before, probably a recruit or something. Not bothering to ask I stop and point down the next path way leading to the base where he is to go.

The sound of shots being fired reminds me of the battle on earth. We refer to it as 'The dawning' it is the beginning of a revolution, a new war.

"Rookie!"