‒ 01 | CALLOUSES AND BLOODY CUTS

Located in the Outer Rim Territories, Geonosis hovered 43,000 light-years from the Galactic Core next to its neighboring Outer Rim planet of Tatooine

Located in the Outer Rim Territories, Geonosis hovered 43,000 light-years from the Galactic Core next to its neighboring Outer Rim planet of Tatooine. Orbited by 15 moons, with mounds of sand scattered across the arid lands, Geonosis wasn't the ideal location of living or travel. But to the Geonosian species, it was home. Although it couldn't compete with the euphoric flora on Felucia or the shimmering waters across Naboo, it provided what was needed to survive.

Like their terrain, harsh and cruel, Geonosians were relentless in finding ways to survive. Inhabitants were mainly funded and provided jobs by making Republic technology in factories for anyone willing to pay. The economy had thrived because of their technological exports to the rest of the galaxy, but nothing good on the planet ever lasted long. After the citizens of Tatooine abandoned their planet, the Geonosian business suffered tremendously as fewer and fewer visited the Outer Rim Territories.

Now in the middle of civil war, Delphi had been taught by the Geonosian who raised her to expect disappointment. She had valued that lesson and everything it helped her through in all the 19 years she's lived, including the later years of her life when someone had come to Geonosis and offered a new solution to all of their problems.

The solution? Make a base of operations to build a new type of technology called battle droids. Delphi only viewed this as a temporary solution, like she was taught to when others flew into the air rejoicing.

"Ugglir!" She called out to the insectoid man hovering with his back behind her at she stepped into a sandy structure.

"Ah," His patchy skin smiled in recognition of her face, "Delphillia! What brings you home so soon?" She cringed at his use of her full name.

"I decided to leave the factory early," Ugglir flew over and whacked her head at the explanation, "Hey! It's not like they needed me!"

"Delphi, you may be a Geonosian, but that doesn't mean you look like one! A Separatist could easily notice your absence."

"I'm not going to get fired like you, alright? So stop worrying." Tired of his lectures, Delphi walked back outside and ignored the spiteful comments from Ugglir telling her to wait. She felt bad using his new state of unemployment against him but he had struck her nerves.

She knew that her appearance was unusual to the other Geonosians, it was hard not to know when everyone around her constantly pointed it out. Her skin was pale, not yellow or green. She adorned a beautiful pair of blue eyes that were small and tiny compared to the big bug eyes of her peers. And the most painful part, she had no wings.

She didn't mind having to climb almost everywhere, by age seven her hands were used to callouses and bloody cuts. But she hated having no wings to fly around the rocky mesas, escape the deadly sand storms, or give her aching feet a break from walking. Because she had no wings she would forever be left behind and forgotten. Just like she was with her parents who left her on the barren planet to die when she was only a baby.

Ugglir was her only friend on the planet if you could even call him that. He was her guardian, the man who taught her walk and talk, how people were cruel, stories of history, and predictions of the future. Ugglir was the one who taught her that there were no good or bad guys, only survivors. In the end, it wouldn't matter if good or evil won because only the survivors live to tell the story.

With or without wings she could survive. Giving up wasn't an option, so she ignored other opinions about her appearance. She learned to hate them before they could hate her.,

Delphi'sdisdain for her planet only grew as she walked along a mountainous hill, gravel digging into the skin of her feet. The structure soaring above her was named Lhonbasii by a Twi'lek visitor, which translates to the giant. It was the tallest mountain that Geonosians were able to fly to the peak of. Delphi still couldn't climb to the top.

Repeating the same steps she did every time, Delphi sat down and stretched her arms and legs. A small groan escaped her lips as she grabbed the heel of her left foot. A shiver of warmth spread to her fingers. Climbing barefoot always stung but she'd rather have an adventure than sit around and wait all day.

Emotions were never Delphi's area of expertise. She didn't know how to deal with them so instead, she channeled them. That's why activities like climbing, fighting, and running brought her joy. Her world was built on violence and pain. She adapted to that and made herself built on violence and pain.

Lifting her body up to the shortest ledge with her arms she quickly swung her leg over. After one final push of the ground with her other leg, she hoisted herself up. With step one complete dirt was already littered over her hands and clothes. Delphi walked to the edge of the perimeter and turned running as faster as she could.

Her feet felt like fire as she jumped on small rocks protruding from Lhonbasii using her hands to feel and reach for something sturdy enough to stand on. Her sleeveless shirt caught on something and pulled down causing a rip at the bottom fabric to allow itself free. Not letting the hanging fabric distract her, Delphi continued climbing till she reached the next ledge. She laid down on the rough rock and took a deep breath. The slight fire in her lungs was invigorating. It brought a smile to her chapped lips.

Once again she took off leaping from edge to edge, the dirt on her hands building up until she pushed off a loose rim with her leg. The ledge crumbled and left her falling 20ft above the ground. She desperately tried grabbing something, anything, but it was no use. Her muscular body scratched against the side of Lhonbasii until it hit the sand knocking her unconscious.

'Maybe the two of us are more alike than we thought'

°if you enjoyed this chapter, please consider voting/commenting to support it : )love, mar

love, mar