‒ 02 | SIMPLE GREETINGS

Obi-Wan gazed at the stunning rock structures as he landed beside a cliff on Geonosis

Obi-Wan gazed at the stunning rock structures as he landed beside a cliff on Geonosis. He was fairly unfamiliar with the planet and only knew of it because he had visited its neighbor with his Master when Anakin was just a boy. He took a grateful breath and lifted himself out of a red and white spaceship.

Without the blazing heat of Ea, the sun, Geonosis was left bitter and cold during the night. To keep himself warm Obi-Wan draped his Jedi cloak across his body and untucked his golden-brown hair to cover his vulnerable ears. Leaving his current droid companion, R4, he started to climb up a chiseled ramp into a mountain formed by rock and sand.

Looking up at the tall mountain straight ahead of him Obi-Wan's eyes drifted to the sky where he had been shot at almost moments ago. His battle with Jango Fett only caused his dislike of flying to enhance. He looked back at the ground, pleased that he could chase Jango in hid preferred element. Something told his vision to soar left and as he glanced around the rocky view girl came entered his sights.

Forgetting about the mission Obi-Wan immediately pushed forward at the first signs of potential injury the girl had. Though she was far away he could still make out various abrasions and gashes on her midsection and foot. He was tempted to call out and discover if she was conscious but he didn't take the risk. She would be near enough to see for himself soon.

"Oh dear, " He said to himself as he examined her left arm that was evidently broken and the dead surface skin of her stomach that was marred. What looked like the most painful injury was the large, bloody gash traveling from the bottom of her foot all the way to her shin. The girl's heartbeat was still intense which meant she was only unconscious and not dead. Obi-Wan quickly untied a sheer scarf from around her neck and wrapped it around her foot where the wound was bleeding abundantly.

Obi-Wan gently picked the girl up, rested her in his arms making sure to support her neck with his hand, and walked back to the ship. R4 beeped merrily at his return. Obi-Wan furrowed his eyebrows trying to keep up with the droids mushed words.

"No, R4," He placed the girl's body in the ship's lone seat, "I am not finished with the mission yet!"

. . .

Waking up had been one of the many things Delphi loathed about life. Waking up from unconsciousness, with a broken arm, was no exception. Delphi squinted her eyes attempting to block out the sun and tried to remember how much she had to drink last night as a pounding headache echoed throughout her head. She eventually remembered and looked around at her surroundings.

She was in a ship, no doubt about that, but who's ship was she in? Noticing the scarf wrapped around her foot she assumed they weren't a threat. Raising her good arm she lifted the roof of the ship that had been purposefully on the cusp of closure. The beeping of a droid quickly caught her attention

"Hey, bud," She said leaning towards it, "Where's the pilot?" She waited for a response and smiled cheerfully when the droid, whose name she learned was R4, said yes.

R4 ejected himself from his cozy co-pilot seat and started to roll up the ramp ahead of him. It took a moment but Delphi eventually understood what he wanted and slowly limped behind him. With every step, her pain grew and she constantly had to remind herself to keep moving forward.

Push yourself, she thought, no one else is going to do that for you. Find the pilot, do a favor for them, and never have to owe them anything ever again for helping you.

Observing the building before stepping inside the entrance Delphi grew uneasy. The most important meetings were held in the base before her. It was the base of operations were Ugglir used to work.

"R4, wait!" She commanded in a whisper before the droid could enter. It obeyed. "Stay here. I know where I am."

Entering the base, Delphi felt nothing but waves of passion. She was finally getting the adventure she had been asking for. Each corridor was a shadow, clouded by secrets swirling in a mist of lies, with the only source of truth hiding away the light at each passage's end. She pushed herself up against each corridor wall to make herself less known to the naked eye, but even if someone did see her they wouldn't think much of it. Most people would recognize her as Ugglir's adopted daughter, she had even visited him at the base once or twice.

Turning the corner Delphi looked around the space she entered. It was plain, boring, and rather empty. The room offered no adventure or excitement worth Delphi's time. But the man floating in the of the room was a different story.

The two made eye contact, although he had sensed her presence long before he was revealed to her. Delphi backed up trying to see if anyone was behind her, accidentally bumping into a wall. The man simply grinned and gave her a small, yet simple, greeting.

"Hello there."

'Maybe the two of us are more alike than we thought'

°if you enjoyed this chapter, please consider voting/commenting to support it : )love, mar

love, mar