Chapter 8

Selene's POV

I closed my eyes againts the onslaught vision. I saw myself at 12 years of age. Mom and Dad had taken me to my favorite lake while Nash was training to become the Beta.

I was upset that Nash got go train with Tyler while I was stuck at home, and can only play with my toys alone, so Mom and Dad took me to my favorite place; a small lake hidden in the woods behind our house.

The spot had quickly become my favorite place after Mom and Dad showed it to us when I was about six.

As I splashed in the cool water, Dad lounged in his wolf form;Mom leaning againts him.

I didn't notice the Rogues until it was too late. I wanted to stay and help Mom and Dad fight them off, but they made me go to the Alpha.

As I ran away, I heard the sickening crunch of bones, I cried while running, because I knew that Mom and Dad were dead.

Pool of tears streamed down my face as I told Alpha Matthew what had happened. I saw the heartbreak in my brother's face.

It quickly turned into fury, Fury that directed towards me! I was so shocked. It wasn't like I could have done anything, I couldn't even shift.

That was the day that my brother started hating me, blaming me for what happened, Tyler ridiculing me right alongside him.

And because of that, the entire pack began to hate me. The only person who still loved me was Alpha Matthew, but there wasn't very much that he could do.

"Selly, wake up," Someone was shaking my shoulder. "Dammit, wake up, Selene Rose!"

Then, cold water shook me out of the nightmare and I woke gasping for air and flailing my arms.

Sweat trickled down my forehead as I glanced around. Chase peered over me, clutching his forehead.

"Aw, heck, sorry Chase," I apologized.

"It's Okay," he said. "I was just concerned about you, Was it the same nightmare again?"

"Yeah. it's terrifying. It starts out with my parents dying, then the pack hating me, and then suffocating," I stared up at Chase. "Why does it always end in me suffocating?"

"I don't know, Selly," he sighed. "Maybe you have a repressed memory or something. We can talk to Olli about it later,"

"Can you stay with me tonight?" I asked in a small voice.

"Sure, Selly," Chase murmured.

I held the blanket up, letting Chase crawl under. I snuggled againts his bare chest and he wrapped his arm protectively around my waist.

I slipped into a deep sleep, no dreams or nightmares plaguing my unconscious mind.

π~π~π~π~π~

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!" Someone yelled.

I opened my eyes to see a very raging Tyler glaring mine and Chase' entwined bodies.

Chase slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Tyler seethed in anger at Chase' bare chest. I scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

"It's none of your damn business, Tyler," I muttered. "Now, please leave, I need to get dressed,"

"But he gets to stay?" Tyler asked incredulously, pointing his finger at Chase.

"It's nothing he hasn't seen before," I shrugged.

Tyler's eyes widen. "WHAT?!" Tyler yelped.

"Oh, come on, Tyler, I shift in front of him all the time," I sighed. "But if it makes you oh so incredibly uncomfortable, I'll ask him to leave. This is after all, your pack and home,"

"It's your home and pack, too," Tyler said.

"But not anymore," I murmured. "Now please leave,"

Chase hugged me gently before following Tyler out the door. I got into the shower and when I was done I found the perfect outfit.

I was dressing to make a certain Alpha jealous. So I settled on a short red dress, but not too short and black heels. I curled my hair and let it cascade down my back.

I hoped into Chase' Porche and we drove to school. As I walked down the hall, I recieved many cat calls (Or would it be wolf calls?).

I flashed one boy a smile and thrust my books into his hands. He followed behind me with a dazed sort of look on his face.

The human boys were practically bowing down at my feet, while the wolf boys warily kept their distance. I knew somebody would be reporting to Tyler what was going on, and that was exactly what I wanted.

I was determined to make Tyler want me, but I don't want him, and I was sure that my plan would work. I'll found out the result of my plan later at lunch.

π~π~π~π~π

"Selene, you need to calm your mate down," Chance hissed as soon as I sat down.

"What? No way!" I exclaimed. "This is just too much fun,"

"Be reasonable, Selene, if you don't control him, then you won't have any human admirers left," Chance warned.

I chuckled. "Fine," I sighed. I stood up and walked over to a fuming Tyler.

"Calm down," I snapped.

"Why should I?" he snarled. "They're all looking at you like you're a piece og meat,"

"Tyler, you shouldn't care. You rejected me," I reminded him.

"I regret it okay!" He yelled. "I regret rejecting you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello guys! Thank you for reading this chapter!😊 I hope you all enjoy😘