Chapter 3: Magic Weapon Ceremony

Two years go by in almost an instant, I grew a lot since when I made my promise. Training every day for this fateful event. Today is the day, the day I get my weapon. The sun is low in the sky as I woke up early to be there.

"Hell yeah! The day is finally here!" I yell, sprinting down the streets of the city. Full of excitement and energy. I was hardly able to get sleep last night from all the excitement.

"Hey Kai, slow down!" Mika calls after me, struggling to keep up. "I'm not as fast as you!"

"I don't want to be late, this is the biggest moment of our lives! We've been working our entire lives for this!"

"You came to my house and woke me up at five in the morning! My dad doesn't even wake up that early! Besides, the ceremony doesn't start until eight!" Mika says as she finally begins to match my speed.

"Never hurts to be a little early!" I give a loud laugh as I start going full speed, leaving Mika in the dust.

"Dammit, Kai!"

~-~

We eventually reach the building as I rush inside. I look around, jaw dropped, seeing engraved symbols of ancient weapons on the walls. I let out a small gasp as I spin around. At least a hundred people are here in the room right now, and more are coming. I close my eyes, giving myself a chance to breathe and take it all in. Mika finally catches up to me, stopping to catch her breath.

"Ah, I feel like passing out." She groans as she wipes away a little sweat.

"I could have carried you if you wanted, ya know." She quickly regains her energy, turning bright red as well.

'I'm good!"

"Well, if you say so."I look around at all the people, each with a glint of excitement in their eyes. That is until my eyes land on a familiar blonde-haired boy. "Hey, Imito!" I call out to him, waving. He looks over at us before grinning.

"Sup, guys." He responds, placing his hands in his pockets.

"Hey, Imito." Mika gives a small wave and smile.

"Are you guys excited to get your weapons?" I nod with excitement and stares in my eyes.

"Of course I am! I've wanted to live this moment every day of my life!"

"Yeah, but I don't think I'm as nearly as excited as Kai." They both laugh as they look at me, gawking at the symbols on the walls.

"Well, what weapons do you think you'll get?" Imito says.

"I don't know, but whatever it is, I'll take good care of it."

"Yeah, I will too. How about you, Kai?"

"I don't care. As long as I get one, I'll be happy."

"Hey Kai, you've changed a little since the last time we met." He holds his hand up, comparing our heights. He has a smug look on his face while he does this. "Did you grow an inch? I remember you being way shorter than me."

"I was never short, you ass!" I shout as a vein pops out on my forehead.

"Oh really? The last time I checked, five foot one seems pretty short to me. But even now, you're still pretty short."I look over to Mika. I was shorter than her before, now we're the same height.

"M-Mika, how tall are you?"

"Five foot four." I fall to my knees in defeat.

"Ah! He's right!" Imito laughs at my misfortune.

"Hey, Imito. You were out of the capital for a while. Were you doing something with your parents?" I can hear Mika holding back a laugh as well, making me even more upset.