Baby clothes

Tana West

****
I sniffle as I crack my eyes open, squinting a little at the thin line of light shining across the room in a gap through the curtains. I felt as though I'd only had 10 minutes of sleep when I feel Harry slide his hand away from my laying across my belly, and turning away from facing me to rolling onto his stomach. I widen my eyes a little when I remember everything that happened yesterday, remembering how there's a growing human inside of me and how the father of this unborn child is Harry Styles.

I had to pinch myself, checking to see if I was dreaming, but when the sharp jolt of pain rushed down my arm, I came to the conclusion that this was all my reality. I lifted my head from the pillows to see we were still laid in a dark room with the exception of that small line of light coming from behind the curtain, telling me it was already day time. I felt like I'd only had ten minutes of sleep after getting into bed so late last night. To be honest, I was still shocked that Harry didn't offer me a guest room, seeing as though we weren't doing anything sexual like the first time I stayed here, and the fact we don't even know each other properly made this a little weird in my mind.

I find the clock on the wall and luckily enough the light is shining perfectly on it so I can see that it's currently 8:30am. It was still a little early and Harry was passed out besides me with his face smushed up against his pillow, lips slightly parted and silent breaths leaving his mouth. He looked incredibly peaceful and it doesn't surprise me seeing him this relaxed, as he must've been tired. He spent hours yesterday driving around London, looking for me. I still felt bad for wasting his time but he was so kind and understanding about the whole situation, it almost made me wonder if he was being genuine.

Of course I began to lay here and over think everything. I started to convince myself Harry was only being kind so he could persuade me to get rid of the baby, or even agree to stay quiet about the whole thing. I mean, he is a celebrity, and I know he has a good career going for himself. He's already achieved things in his life that I could only dream of. I don't think he'd want a one night stand and an unwanted child dragging him down for the rest of his life. I know he said he wanted to keep it but he probably hasn't even thought over everything that's going to change in his life with having a baby. I could be completely wrong with that theory but at the end of the day, I know nothing about this guy, all I know is he's a famous singer and I don't think I've even heard many of his songs.

I sighed out and turned my head away from him so I was facing the ceiling, trying to push my thoughts away because I was just going to work myself up if I carried on. I was in no position to make assumptions about who Harry was as a person, only time will able to tell me if his actions are genuine or not. All I know is, he was nice to me yesterday and right now I'm laid awkwardly next to him while he's fully sprawled out, probably not worrying about anything right now.

I decide to roll over so my back was facing him, putting more distance in between us compared to how I was wrapped up in his arms last night. We must have moved away in the night because we were currently on opposite sides of the bed.

I shut my eyes again with the intentions of going back to sleep, I know that if I lay here in the silence for however long it takes Harry to wake up, then my thoughts will get the best of me and I won't be able to handle it. I did consider going downstairs, maybe make myself a coffee however, then I realised Harry might wake up and think I'd done a runner again like I did last time. So I closed my eyes and tried my shut my mind up so I could get a little extra rest.

"Tana, wake up." I groan and bring my arm up to cover my face as my body feels like it's getting pushed lightly.

My mind is slowly being brought out of unconsciousness and I flutter my eyes open to see Harry now sat up in bed next to me, rubbing his eyes sleepily and pushing his messy curls away from his tired eyes.