Apologetic

The time was now. Everything was in place, and nothing could be more perfect. The lines of assembled vampires waiting behind the pillars of beautiful decor inside the castle. They stood in almost perfect symmetry, with the uttermost perfect posture. All standing tall and proud, necks straight looking forward. In a way it was odd, seeing such perfection. Humans were always clumsy, hunched, and scrambled together.

Vampire's placed left and right. They all must've picked up his heavy footsteps, vampires always moved silently and swiftly. Had he not of been holding Taehyung, he wouldn't have noticed The vampire was even beside him. They almost reached the  hall full of vamps when his body broke out in a sweat. The huge space allowed hundreds to fit inside. Jungkook didn't think so many vampires were left, he assumed they all died out, besides the few who he once held captive of course. Seeing them all from afar, his heart raced. He tightened his grip on Taehyungs sleeve.

"It's okay."

Jungkook heard the raspy, calming whisper and a hand scooping his waist. Taehyung smothered him with his presence and he forced himself to remember the vampire was here. He wasn't alone anymore. This task should be easy, if only he didn't care of those vampires before them. But, he did. He cared so much, it itched his soul thinking of their disapproval. He desperately wanted their approval, he craved their acceptance to the point where his core was begging and reaching out for their willingness to listen. Jungkook squeezes his eyes ad they moved forward. His heart sunk. He was panicking, the sweat building in puddles. The nerves at his knees, making them weak. His fingers twitching. He imagined them all attacking him, feasting on his flesh while they held Taehyung back. A punishment for marking a human.

"STOP." Taehyung says fiercely. Grabbing Jungkook by the wrist, he pulls them away from the crowd. They go behind the blinding of a pillar to have a sense of privacy. "Your heart is racing. I can sense your fear so easily. Don't be afraid. Only prey fear. Do you want them to see you as prey?!"

"But, I am prey Taehyung! How will they see me as anything else. Going infront of hundreds of vampires, I feel like a little bunny in a pit full of lions!" Jungkook cries weakly. Maybe to Taehyung it was an exaggeration, but to Jungkook it's exactly the situation.

"You. Are. NOT. Prey!" Taehyung sharply hisses. He grabs Jungkooks jaw gently and lifts his face to gaze into his pretty doe eyes. They conveyed so much fear. Eyes practically trembling. He didn't like it. It angered him so much, he almost tightened his fist into a ball. "Do you understand me? You are not prey."

Jungkook nods slowly. He bites at his lips nervously, he didn't want to make Taehyung upset. It was just so hard not to tremble at the sight of an army that wasn't his. The thought that one could kill him so easily like that reaper, and there were hundreds. He had butterflies. The bad kind of butterflies, flipping upside down and back in his stomach.

"Speak to me."

"I understand." Jungkook took a deep breath and tried remembering the wonderful moments with Taehyung. The peaceful memories they enjoyed just laying in bed, snuggling, laughing, sleeping. The soft and gentle hands of a vampire, holding him close. The hours they spent just looking at each other. His body calmed itself easily, as the images flooded his mind. The pillow fights with Taehyung and Jimin. The reading sessions with Yoongi. He felt happy. At ease. If he knew it was this easy, he would've walked out there proudly, knowing he got to enjoy life with these three beings, and that was enough. If he'd die in this moment, life was the best it has ever been. "I love you, Kim Taehyung."

Taehyung chuckles, shaking his head. Of course he snapped a peak at what Jungkook thought of. He wanted to see what made the human so calm all of a sudden. It surprised him, but he felt happy. He could feel Jungkooks relaxation and joy as well. "You're so dramatic."