PART THREE

Kassidy

I don't hesitate to leave last period right as the bell rings, I gather my things and start the walk home. I sighed as the rain started to pour out of the clouds in the sky. 

Why now? 

I sighed and started walking faster, but my pace halted when I felt that feeling of being watched. You'd think it would make me go faster, but somehow in some way it just made me stop. I turned around and let out a breath of relief as Cory came running toward me, his book bag over his head. He stopped beside me and stood next to me, attempting to keep the water off my head as well. 

"My car broke down, I saw you walking, I'm assuming you live close. Could I hang at yours until the rain stops?" He asks and I just nod, trying to keep cool at the fact that he's this close to me. 

"Thanks, so much! How far is the walk?" He asks as we start walking.

"It's just around the corner now, you must have run a while to catch up to me," I say as my house comes into view. 

I shiver at the cold and wipe the rain off my face. Cory takes notice and takes off his lettermen and puts it on my shoulders. I slide my arms into the big sleeves and gladly accept the warmth and smile at him. 

"It wasn't too bad, I'm a midfielder so I'm used to running a lot," he says and I just nod and walk up the stairs to my door.

"And, we are here," I say and unlock the door, leading him inside. 

"This place is huge!" He says and looks around. I just giggle and throw my bag on the floor by the door, my shoes following. He does the same and follows me up to my room. 

I wrap his lettermen tighter around me and flop down onto my bed. He lets out a small chuckle and sits on the floor. 

"You can sit on the bed," I tell him and he stands and sits beside me. I turn onto my stomach and look over at him. 

"So what's up with Jessica, she hates me and she doesn't even know me," I ask.

"Oh, yeah, she just doesn't like me talking to girls." He says and lays down next to me so we're level. 

"Is she your girlfriend?" I ask and stare into his blue eyes. Everything about him made me think he had a girlfriend, he was too attractive to not have one. He had dark brown floppy hair and blue eyes, a jawline too die for, and well I could go on. 

"No, she's not, we're more like friends with benefits. She's dating Chandler, the star quarterback. She's the head cheerleader so it only makes sense." Cory says and looks up at the ceiling. 

"She's very possessive over you, at least it seems like it," I say and stare at the ceiling as well. 

"She definitely has a crush on me, but she's not really my type," he says and runs his hand through his hair, bringing it back down right next to mine. 

His hand grazes mine and lays next to mine, still touching me. My heart rate accelerates and I take in a breath. 

"So what is your type?" I ask and look back at him, he's staring at me. 

"Long brown hair, not blonde like her's, brown eyes, shorter than me." He says and looks at my lips, then back at my eyes. 

I look like that. Is he playing? 

"Oh, yeah definitely not Jessica," I say and he just smiles and stares back at the ceiling. A soft silence surrounds us. 

"Your car didn't break down, did it?" I ask and he lets out a chuckle. 

"No, Kassidy, it didn't," he says and turns onto his side, facing me. I do the same. The distance between us getting smaller and smaller. 

"Kassidy! I'm home!" My mother yells from downstairs making both of us shoot apart. I roll onto the floor and he sits up. 

The footsteps of my mother coming up the stairs send me into panic mode. I quickly open my window and drag Cory to it, practically shoving him out the window. 

"Go! Go, hurry up," I whisper yell at him and he frantically throws his leg out the window but comes back in. 

"We're on the second floor!" He says back and I see the knob turn. I mentally scream and push him to the ground and shove him under my bed. I fall to the ground and sit on his hand that was still out. 

My mother smiles at me with her arms crossed. 

"Bring the boy out from under your bed," she says and my mouth drops open. 

Cory comes out from under my bed and stands, fixing his shriveled clothes. He moves to shake my mother's hand and awkwardly laughs. 

"My name is Cory Reynolds, it's nice to meet you ma'am," he says and pulls away from the handshake. 

"Well, Cory, would you like to stay for dinner, since your important enough to my daughter that she has to hide you?" She asks and again, my mouth drops open. 

"Oh, oh, yes, sure, I'd love to Mrs. Collins." 

Vote

Comment

Share!