Last News Claimer

Yes! That is the end of the book! Surprised? Sometimes life changes, for the better or for worst. They way you adapt to those changes are all up to you. Sometimes you might feel like you wish you could just end it, and other times nothing in the world could make you smile so bright.

Sometimes... 

Here I will explain the story in other words for those with questions. In the beginning, you find out about the death of Bethany. Bethany wasn't a real person, she was Kori's childhood imaginary friend. She represented Kori's childhood, from her original happy family to the unstable family. Still in the beginning of the book, Kori seems depressed at her death, when in reality, it is her trying to move on and adapt to her new family. Although, Bethany and Kori did share things. Kori has depression and anxiety, and has recently started medication and therapy, although it was not mentioned in the story. 

Side note: In the beginning it is said that the family was taking a vacation somewhere and Kori couldn't help Bethany because she left her phone at home. Since Kori's second family (her mom and step-dad) only had one phone, which was mostly ruled by her step-dad, Kori could never help herself by calling the cops. Kori wanted to go on vacation and get away from it all.

Her birth family consisted of her, her mom, and her dad. When Kori was about four or five, her dad went to serve in the army. He died in battle. After hearing about it, Kori's mom took the wrong route when grieving. She started doing drugs, such as heroine, and started dating no good men. Kori's step-father was an alcoholic, and very abusive. Kori lived like that until she was about sixteen.

Matthew had helped her see that the past is behind her, and a great future lies ahead.

You know the rest! :D

Thank you for reading my first work! It really means a lot to me! Hope you enjoyed. :)