Chapter 53: Joining The Shogun's Part 05.

Narrator: After Sonjo left, Hanako went to her room, and got ready for bed, but before she could go to sleep, Daiki came in to see her. Daiki: Are you feeling better after this night, Young one? Hanako: Hai.

Daiki: Now remember, we need to say goodbye to everyone we know, before we can move to Kyoto. Sonjo might know about this, but your other classmates do not. Hanako: But who will be teaching them samurai techniques while we are in Kyoto? Daiki: I just contacted my sensei, and asked if she could take over while we were away. Hopefully she will be thankful enough to of help after being in her cottage since we both separated years ago. Should not be too hard.

Hanako: Father, what is it like in Kyoto? Are the people there kind? Daiki: As kind as long as you get to know them. I meet a child the same age as me named Kosuke who was a blacksmith of all Japanese weapons. My sensei and I were in Kyoto when I first met him, but his grandfather was having trouble with gaining money to the people who mug him.

Hanako: What happened to them, Father? Daiki: Well when I was your age, we noticed a two bandits threatening Kosuke's grandfather saying that they would kill him if he did not have the money. Luckily they did not suspect two samurai's in town. When they walked into a deserted area, we arrested them, and sent them towards lock up in the palace which is near where we live. I still missed Kosuke that day, but sometimes a samurai's work is never done. Hopefully we will meet again.

Hanako: Well I sure hope we get to meet him when we get up to Kyoto. Hanako: Father, I am still upset that I will might be away from Sonjo for a long time, but I need to give him something so he can remember me. I could not give him the painting Yuri made, because he wanted me to have it, now I am out of ideas. Daiki: How about you give him some of your lockets. From what I saw during the festival yesterday, I noticed that he could do the same thing you could when we were fighting the two tribes that were attacking the village. Narrator: Hanako thought of her father's idea, and took a look at the locket's she had. The Orenji, the Painappuru, the Ichigo, and the Suika. (Sound's like a good idea for a smoothie. Am I right everybody?)

Narrator: After looking over her lockets, Hanako placed the Orenji, and Painappuru back, and left the Ichigo, and Suika lockets in her hands. Hanako: I will give Sonjo these two lockets. Hopefully he will need these without my help when he is on a mission. Daiki: Excellent thinking, young one. You might only have two lockets left, but we will find more while we are going to Kyoto. The shogun's have locket holders similar to the one on your neck. Hanako: Okay, Father. Daiki: Well, you better get some rest now. See you tomorrow. Narrator: As Daiki turned off the lantern, Hanako covered herself with a blanket then went to sleep.

~

Thanks For Reading.

Don't Forget To Comment.